Panda Security Emerges as First Security Company to Offer Cloud-based Protection of Endpoints, Email and Web
ORLANDO, Fla., April 15 /PRNewswire/ — Panda Security, the Cloud Security Company, today announced the general availability of Panda Cloud Internet Protection (PCIP), a new cloud-based security service that protects small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) from Internet-borne threats, including Botnets, phishing, cross-site scripting and other complex Web 2.0 attacks. The new service delivers instantaneous, unobtrusive protection of any device, anywhere, anytime, and features powerful policy enforcement, data leak prevention, and extensive reporting capabilities. With this release, Panda Security becomes the first IT security vendor to offer entirely cloud-based endpoint, email and Web protection.
“SMBs increasingly have widely-distributed workforces, with employees accessing the Web from home offices, at client sites, while traveling, or in coffee shops,” said Rick Carlson, president of US operations, Panda Security. “The high vulnerability of these scattered Internet access points, coupled with highly-targeted cybercriminal methods, means that today’s businesses absolutely require an Internet security service that can be managed remotely and deliver instantaneous protection without getting in the way of business.”
PCIP’s unique Cloud Management Console saves time and resources for businesses and their service providers by eliminating on-premise infrastructure costs and administration requirements. The Web-based console enables in-house and partner administrators to easily and instantaneously adjust settings, filter URLs and regulate use of risky Internet applications, regardless of the user’s device or location. Panda Cloud Internet Protection also makes use of innovative dynamic content classification technologies to identify today’s fast-moving threats and integrates with LDAP/AD to ensure appropriate usage policies are applied. In addition, SMBs and their reseller partners will benefit from the service’s unique ability to redirect Internet traffic and malware analysis through the cloud, freeing network bandwidth for other applications.
Image available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/panda_security/4517047469/
Key features and benefits of Panda Cloud Internet Protection include:
- Anytime, anywhere management: Flexible and powerful Cloud Management Console provides instant visibility into all Internet activity across the organization, from anywhere, at any time.
- Reduced Costs: SaaS delivery requires zero investment in on-premise software or hardware, and eliminates the need to track local upgrades and licenses.
- Optimized Local Bandwidth: Redirect Internet traffic and other high-bandwidth activities such as malware analysis through the cloud to free local network bandwidth.
- Instantaneous, Lightweight Protection: Panda Cloud Internet Protection leverages Collective Intelligence, Panda Security’s proprietary system for automatically collecting and processing millions of malware samples in the cloud instead of on the local PC.
- Consistent Web Policy Application and Flexible Administration Controls: Administrators can easily create and manage one Web usage policy for all end users, including remote workers. Resellers can manage multiple customer deployments from a single console.
- Tamper-Proof Security: Data protection regulatory compliance is assured through comprehensive leak detection, including through webmail, instant messaging, and file upload channels.
- Real-Time Reporting: Web logs from outbound Internet traffic can grow very large very quickly, requiring massive amounts of storage. Using patent-pending technology, Cloud Internet Protection reduces storage requirements by a factor of fifty, and gives businesses access to a level of forensic auditing and traffic visibility not available with other tools.
- Additional Technical Details are available in the product data sheet: http://cloudprotection.pandasecurity.com/files/Cloud_Internet_Protection_ENG.pdf
With the introduction of Panda Cloud Internet Protection, the company’s comprehensive software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering now covers all major infection vectors: Panda Cloud Office Protection protects endpoints and servers; Panda Cloud Email Protection protects email systems, and now PCIP addresses Web threats. All three solutions are fully compatible and may be purchased individually or as part of the Panda Cloud Protection integrated approach to SMB security.
Pricing & Availability
Panda Cloud Internet Protection is available now through Panda authorized resellers and can be purchased either alone or as part of the Panda Cloud Protection suite. For more information and to download a free trial, go to http://cloudprotection.pandasecurity.com.
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based security solutions with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the world. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples per day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on PC performance. Panda Security has 56 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.
Panda Security collaborates with Special Olympics, WWF and Invest for Children as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
For more information, visit http://www.pandasecurity.com/.
SOURCE Panda Security