Arlen Specter’s Campaign and Others Commit to Being Transparent and Accountable via New Technology
CHICAGO, May 10 /PRNewswire/ — The congressional campaign for U.S. Senator Arlen Specter (Democrat) and seven other campaigns have signed on with Visible Vote, a first-of-its-kind software application. These campaigns have committed to being transparent and accountable to their constituents and to maintaining a constant-touch relationship with them. Visible Vote has more than 100,000 users in the United States and will allow campaigns or legislative officials to talk about their voting records/beliefs and conduct real-time polls of their constituents at no cost via Smartphones and Social Media.
The service for campaigns’ use was launched this April, and the congressional campaigns that have registered with Visible Vote thus far are:
- Arlen Specter, Democrat Senator Pennsylvania
- Jim Holt, Republican Congressman, candidate for U.S. Senate, Arkansas
- Terrence Wall, Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, Wisconsin
- Tony Gentile, Libertarian candidate for U.S. Senate, Louisiana
- Bill Scheurer, Green candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois’ Congressional District 8
- Chris Leopold, Republican candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, Louisiana’s Congressional District 3
- Roger K. Davis, Green candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, Illinois’ Congressional District 17
- Jerry McKinley, Libertarian candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, Maryland’s Congressional District 3
In the coming weeks you will find on each candidate’s website the official Visible Vote badges. This badge lets the people know that the candidate’s campaign is active on Visible Vote and that the candidate is committed to being transparent and accountable to their constituents.
According to a survey conducted of Visible Vote users, 96% said they will use the application to make a decision on whom to vote for in the 2010 elections.
Visible Vote is a free non-partisan application dedicated to bringing greater transparency to our representative form of government. Visible Vote was a 2009 Chicago Innovation Award Winner. For more information, please visit http://www.visiblevote.us.
SOURCE Visible Vote