TI introduces the first discrete dual SerDes to support all CPRI and OBSAI data rates
DALLAS, May 25 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry’s first 6-gigabit per second (Gbps) dual serializer-deserializer IC (SerDes) that enables continuous data rate support from 470 megabits per second (Mbps) up to 6.25 Gbps for wireless applications. The TLK6002 supports speed migration from legacy to new faster speeds in the OBSAI and CPRI standards required for all wireless base station designs. The TLK6002 can be used in a wide variety of wireless infrastructure applications including WiMAX, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA and CDMA2000. For details or to order samples, go to: www.ti.com/tlk6002-pr.
Using either a single 122.88-MHz or 153.6-MHz fixed reference clock frequency, the new SerDes can support Common Public Radio Interface (CPRI(TM)) and Open Base Station Architecture Initiative (OBSAI) rates. Also, the TLK6002′s 20-bit parallel single-ended interface connects easily to field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs). When compared with FPGAs featuring high-speed serial links, a more economical FPGA and TLK6002 combined can provide significant system cost savings
Key features and benefits of the TLK6002:
- Receiver equalization and transceiver pre-emphasis improves signal integrity by compensating for amplitude losses in cables and for ISI (inter-symbol interference), enabling a trace reach of greater than 50 cm.
- Integrated automatic CPRI/OBSAI rate sensing “self-tunes” to the system setting, eliminating the need for additional hardware or software.
- Integrated high-accuracy latency measurement (0.6510 ns at 6.144 Gbps) relieves designers’ workload by simplifying the system design.
- Supports CPRI/OBSAI data rates: 0.6144, 0.768, 1.2288, 1.536, 2.4576, 3.072, 4.9152 and 6.144 Gbps.
- The TLK6002 complements many TI digital signal processors (DSPs), data converters and clock products.
Availability and pricing
The TLK6002 is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors in a 324-ball BGA package. Suggested resale pricing is $35.00 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI’s interface products by visiting these links:
- Order TLK6002 samples: http://www.ti.com/tlk6002-pr.
- Quickly search TI’s complete interface portfolio or download TI’s latest Interface Selection Guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Download TI’s latest Communications Infrastructure Guide to view our complete portfolio of infrastructure products: www.ti.com/ciguide-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the TI E2E(TM) Community: http://www.ti.com/e2e-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
CPRI is a trademark of Nokia Siemens Networks. TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated