America’s Top Interior Designers Shop and Share Taigan.com
NEW YORK, June 8 /PRNewswire/ — When members of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) pick places to shop, people follow.
Taigan’s Creative Director Julia Reed caught up with two of America’s top interior designers who shared their favorite design shops on Taigan.com, an online collection of specialty shops including names such as Digs, Hollyhock, Georgia Tapert Living, Revival, Haven and Niba Home.
Reed’s circle of interior design friends includes Jan Showers and Joe Nye, who have shared some of their favorite Taigan finds and summer trends.
Designer Jan Showers Finds Glamour on Taigan
Dallas decorator and designer Jan Showers is no stranger to great designs. She knows the secret to great style: “glamour is always necessary in a room. I am in love with certain unusual materials and their applications–parchment, leathers, Venetian glass, and always, glorious mirrors.”
Showers also knows a good thing when she sees it and found plenty of inspiration when browsing in the designer shops at Taigan. Pointing out Georgia Tapert Living, multi-colored silk Ikat pillows. “I’m crazy about the blues/yellows on white — so crisp and fun for summer in my living room,” said Showers.
Yet Showers’ eye goes beyond home designs, “The Giselle Croc Bag – the color and quality are simply divine,” she said about the Susan van der Linde collection.
Just in time for summer, Showers found the best napkins for entertaining: “Kim Seybert white linen napkins with green bamboo. These are great for summer entertaining, especially al fresco. And I love anything with a bamboo motif,” she noted.
More Taigan Finds from Shower:
- Bone & Celadon Embroidered Jewel Dress, Bonnie Young, Aspen
- Stella McCartney Sequin Floral Skirt, Forty Five Ten, Dallas
- Yigal Azrouel Striped Crisscross Top, G. Gilbert, Atlanta
- 1970s YSL Gold Cuff, House of Lavande, Miami
- “Happy En Vipere” Purse, Weinstein’s, New Orleans
- ULYSSE riding jacket, Style Paris by Susan Sutherland, Palm Beach
- Blackberry Jam and Creamy Crunch Peanut Butter, Blackberry Farms, Walland
- Globe-Trotter Centenary Urushi 21″ Trolley Case, Sid Mashburn, Atlanta
- Truefitt & Hill Dopp Kit/Toilet Bag, Aidan Gill For Men, New Orleans
Joe Nye’s Favorite Finds on Taigan
Recently featured in Fetch, L.A.-based designer, decorator and entertainer extraordinaire Joe Nye is also finding great pieces on Taigan.
- Josh Bach Valet Tray, Aidan Gill, New Orleans Wire Bird Cage, Bungalow Classic, Atlanta
- Clear Glass Mug, Georgia Tapert Living, New York City
- Dodie Thayer Large Serving Dish, Hollyhock, Los Angeles
- Christopher Spitzmiller Faux Bois Lamps, Hollyhock, Los Angeles
- Neoclassical Fruitwood Arm Chair, Hollyhock, Los Angeles
- Blumarine Belted Floral Dress, Mimi, New Orleans
- Billie Holiday Photo by Herman Leonard, Richter Gallery, Nashville
- John Derian 6′ Field Bench, Pied Nu, New Orleans
- Vintage Turquoise Torchieres, Niba Home, Miami
- Peking Glass Jarlet in Persimmon, Niba Home, Miami
Taigan.com represents a highly edited collection of the world’s best shops from across the country and abroad. Showcasing specialty retailers of women & men’s fashion, home decor, art, antiques, jewelry, gourmet food and fine gifts. Taigan brings the best shops to your fingertips.
Media Contact Lisa Buyer 954.354.1411x14 firstname.lastname@example.org