TI introduces lowest power, 11-bit ADCs at 200 MSPS with SNRBoost technology for up to 65 MHz of signal bandwidth
DALLAS, July 6 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the lowest power 11-bit, 200 MSPS ADC family, with quad (ADS58C48), dual (ADS58C28) and buffered single-input (ADS58B18) options. Featuring SNRBoost technology, the ADCs deliver enhanced in-band signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) for multi-carrier and multi-mode communications systems requiring up to 65 MHz of signal bandwidth, such as CDMA, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, LTE and WiMAX. For instance, the SNRBoost technology in the ADS58C48 provides up to 4.3 dB greater SNR at 185 MSPS across 60 MHz of bandwidth, delivering increased bandwidth and sensitivity for a wide array of communications applications including remote radio heads, software defined radios, wireless repeaters and MIMO and diversity receivers. For information or samples, visit www.ti.com/ads58c48-pr.
Key features and benefits
- Programmable SNRBoost technology delivers up to 72.3 dB SNR across 60 MHz bandwidth or 75.4 db SNR across 30 MHz bandwidth, allowing customers to achieve 3G and 4G receiver sensitivity specifications.
- Industry-leading power consumption: 215 mW/channel (ADS58C48), 230 mW/channel (ADS58C28), 310 mW/channel (ADS58B18) at 200 MSPS. Enables manufacturers to design low-power, high-density, two- and four-channel receivers and digital pre-distortion (DPD) feedback loops.
- Input options and user-selectable CMOS or DDR LVDS allows for easy connection to TI GCxxxx digital radio products, FPGA and digital ASIC solutions.
- Evaluation modules and TSW1200 digital capture tool facilitate rapid evaluation and prototyping.
- Compete signal chain including the DAC3283, PGA870, TRF3704, CDCE72010, GC5325, TMS320C6727 speeds time to market.
Availability and pricing
The ADS58C48 (quad) is available today in an 80-pin TQFP package for $111.95 in 1,000 unit quantities. The ADS58C28 (dual) and ADS58B18 (buffered input) are also available today in 64-pin and 48-pin QFN packages for $63.95 and $39.95, respectively.
Find out more about TI’s data converter portfolio
- Order ADS58C48 family samples: www.ti.com/ads58c48-pr.
- Download the Amplifier and Data Converter Selection Guide: www.ti.com/dataconverters-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers on TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/highspeeddataconverterforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated