CallpodÂ® Debuts OnyxÂ® and VetroÂ®, Two New Bluetooth 2.0 Headsets 50+ Meters Range – 5Xs Further Than Traditional Headsets
CHICAGO, July 8 /PRNewswire/ — Callpod, the tech company that creates Mobile Necessities for consumers covering Power, Bluetooth and Mobile Software introduces the Onyx headset for Bluetooth mobile phones, PDAs, VOIP products and computers. Callpod, creators of award winning products such as the Chargepod, a 6-1 charging device; the Fueltank Uno and Duo, portable charging devices; and Keeper, data-vault protection software, delivers Onyx and Vetro, two next generation Bluetooth headsets.
Superior Range and Audio Quality
The Onyx and Vetro BluetoothÃ‚® headsets both offer a 164 ft (50m) range, which allows users to extend the boundaries of traditional headsets. It allows users to roam around the office or home without being tethered to their cell phone. The Onyx and Vetro can also simultaneously connect to your PC or Mac for SkypeÃ‚® calls, allowing you to switch between your computer and mobile phone with a press of a button. In addition, the headsets have advanced dual-mic noise suppression(TM), which allows callers on the other end of the call to enjoy a strong clear voice even if the user is in the car, airport, restaurant or at the office.
2-Way Walkie-Talkie Communication
The Onyx and Vetro can be used with other Vetro, Onyx or Dragon V2 headsets for two-way or push to talk communication over a 84,000+ sq ft space. The new headset takes about 3 hours to fully charge via USB port or outlet and provides up to 5 hours talk time and over 120 hours on standby.
Light and Comfortable
For maximum comfort, Callpod’s proprietary Gummy Gel(R) ear bud molds easily to the inside of the ear, a great benefit for users who use headsets a majority of the day. The light-weight Onyx and Vetro can be easily stashed in the users pocket, coat, purse or bag.
“The Onyx and Vetro are raising the bar in the mobile communications arena by offering a ton of features and performance for a value-driven price. We priced the Onyx at $69 to allow consumers to have features surpassing many other headsets above $100,” said Darren Guccione, Callpod’s CEO and Co-founder. “Its combination of specifications and comfort, for the price, were important to us during the design process. Both headsets are small, light and form-fitting with clear and powerful performance.”
The Onyx and Vetro work with all the latest Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, including the iPhone, and all global networks including AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon, Sprint/Nextel, U.S. Cellular, Vodafone and is compatible with Windows and Mac OS computers with Bluetooth.
- Unparalleled Range = 5X traditional headsets: Up to 50 meters (164 ft, close to half the length of a football field) with any class-1 BluetoothÃ‚® device.
- Superior Sound Quality: Supreme sound quality and Callpod’s own Dual-Mic Noise Suppression technology allows users to communicate in noisy environments.
- 2-Way Walkie-Talkie Communication: Proprietary 2-way radio communication (similar to Nextel phones or push to talk technology) software allows two Onyx headset users to talk over an 84,000 square foot area.
- Unsurpassed Power: A strong lithium-ion battery in its class provides up to 5 hours of real talk time and up to 120 hours of standby.
- Proprietary GummyGel Ear Bud that comfortably molds to the ear that ensures a perfect comfortable fit for all-day use.
- Charging Flexibility: Multiple adapters with USB connectivity allow users to charge the Onyx or Vetro via laptop/computer, car or outlet, Chargepod or Fueltank.
The Onyx is currently available for $69.95 and the Vetro is currently available for $99.95. Both are compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, PDAs VOIP products and computers.
Callpod is a Chicago-based technology company that creates mobile software and devices in the power and wireless communications markets. They design vital mass-market solutions for the consumer, business and government markets. Callpod products are sold in over 5,000 retail locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information, go to http://callpod.com/wheretobuy.
To learn more about Callpod visit: http://callpod.com/technology.