Renowned Chefs Ted Allen and Tim Love to Judge LG Electronics’ National Culinary Competition
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 12 /PRNewswire/ — Ready, set, cook! With just under a week (deadline: July 16) remaining for America’s amateur chefs to submit their favorite home recipes — and with a top-notch team of celebrity chefs behind the judges table — the pressure is on.
Two renowned chefs — Ted Allen, culinary television personality and cookbook author, and Tim Love, owner of The Lonesome Dove and The Love Shack in Texas — have signed on to serve as guest judges at the second annual LG Electronics “Taste of Something Better” recipe contest and cooking competition. The national cook-off will take place in the LG Kitchen at the new, highly anticipated “Taste of Beverly Hills” wine and food festival — presented by FOOD & WINE — this September in California’s most famous zip code — 90210.
The contest celebrates original recipes from amateur chefs across the nation, challenging top entrants to a cook-off by submitting their recipe at www.lgtasteofsomethingbetter.com. Finalists will compete in Beverly Hills for the crown of America’s best amateur chef, along with an impressive array of prizes, and a spot in LG’s “Life Tastes Good” global cooking competition this fall.
To enter the contest, home chefs and cooking enthusiasts alike (no professional chefs) are asked to submit their favorite main entree recipe by July 16. Three finalists will be selected to compete at the “Taste of Something Better” cook-off, where the winning recipe will be selected by a panel of distinguished chefs including:
- Chef Ted Allen: Host of the hit primetime competition series “Chopped” on Food Network, and a frequent contributor to the network’s new show, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate.” He was a judge on the first four seasons of Bravo’s “Top Chef” and Food Network’s “Iron Chef America,” and was the food and wine specialist on the groundbreaking, Emmy-winning Bravo series “Queer Eye.” He is author of “The Food You Want to Eat: 100 Smart, Simple Recipes” (Clarkson-Potter), a collection of vibrant, all-natural dishes, and co-authored The New York Times Best Seller “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: The Fab Five’s Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better, and Living Better.”
- Chef Tim Love: Nationally recognized culinary personality, known as much for his freewheeling personality as his signature Urban-Western cuisine. Love, best known for his appearances on “Iron Chef America” and “Top Chef Masters,” is the owner of The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro and The Love Shack in Fort Worth, TX. He’s as comfortable cooking for the Dallas Cowboys as he is for his own kids, and his inspired and innovative dishes have earned critical and popular acclaim.
These celebrity chef judges will decide which home chef has what it takes to represent the United States in LG’s annual global “Life Tastes Good” cooking competition, taking place this fall.
Competitors in the Los Angeles event will be testing their culinary skills for a chance to win the following prize packages:
- Grand prize: Trip for two to Seoul, South Korea, to compete in LG’s global cooking competition and a suite of LG stainless steel kitchen appliances
- Runner-up: LG stainless steel 4-door, French-door refrigerator, gas cooktop and double wall oven
- Second runner-up: LG stainless steel double wall oven
For complete details and to enter your recipe, visit www.lgtasteofsomethingbetter.com.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances and business solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
About Taste of Beverly Hills
The “Taste of Beverly Hills” presented by FOOD & WINE, will benefit the Beverly Hills Education Foundation and will take place across from the Beverly Hilton Hotel September 2-5, 2010. The schedule of activities will include afternoon and evening sessions, and will range from local restaurant tastings, wine and mixology seminars, to cooking demonstrations from the city’s most sought-after chefs as well as America’s celebrated chefs and personalities, and live entertainment from some of the music world’s most respected artists. Tickets will be available starting July 14, 2010 for $125 per person, with advance purchase, for a day session pass; $150 per person, with advance purchase, for an evening session pass; and $500 per person for an all-access weekend packages that will allow guests into afternoon and evening sessions, seminars, how-to’s, and chef demos, competitions, and more. Hotel weekend packages will also be available for visitors to the city on Labor Day weekend. For further information on these and other festival news and updates please call 877.434.TOBH (8624) or visit www.thetasteofbeverlyhills.com or find more information on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.