New KODAK ESP 9250 All-in-One Inkjet Printer is the Smart Choice for People Who Demand Printing Excellence
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Aug. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: EK) today announced the newest addition to its innovative line of All-in-One (AiO) Inkjet Printers, that are intelligently designed to deliver superior performance while maintaining Kodak’s Best-In-Class overall print permanence(1), low-cost ink system. With the introduction of the KODAK ESP 9250 AiO Printer, Kodak delivers an advanced printing system to consumers seeking professional-quality photos and documents without compromise.
“From low running costs to no-compromise, high-quality output and one-touch simplicity, the ESP 9250 Printer is a high-caliber printing machine designed to improve every aspect of the printing experience,” said Susan Tousi, General Manager, Inkjet Systems, and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. “Consumers demand printing excellence and Kodak delivers with this new, advanced system.”
QUALITY – Kodak’s Proprietary Ink System
The KODAK AiO Inkjet portfolio produces KODAK Lab Quality photos,(2) documents that last a lifetime,(3) and low total running costs. Whether displayed on a wall or simply tacked on a refrigerator, KODAK Prints are designed not to fade.
- The KODAK ESP 9250 Printer features Kodak’s proprietary pigmented inks for brilliant colors and permanence to last a lifetime.(3) Only Kodak offers proprietary pigmented inks to the average customer, which are designed to deliver richer, more vibrant colors that bond more effectively with paper to provide a significant fade resistance advantage over other ink systems, particularly the dye-based ink systems used by the majority of consumer inkjet manufacturers.
- Using KODAK Ink and Photo Papers, prints dry instantly, don’t smear or smudge and are water resistant(4), even when using a highlighter on documents. Kodak’s propriety ink system has achieved Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) Display Permanence and album / dart storage ratings of greater than 120 years and WIR Unprotected Ozone Resistance ratings of more than 100 years.(5)
INTELLIGENCE – Kodak’s ‘You Push the Button, We Do the Rest’ Performance
Kodak has always been about delivering smart design to consumers, combining one-touch simplicity with high-end performance and features. The new KODAK ESP 9250 Printer brings this promise to the inkjet printer market.
- Like others in Kodak’s full line of home inkjet printers, the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer features an intelligent bar code system that optimizes settings for superior printing performance using Kodak’s versatile proprietary pigmented ink system. KODAK Printers automatically detect and adjust for printing documents or photos and feature a bar code reader that works seamlessly with KODAK Photo Paper to customize the printer’s ink output to produce the ideal result for the selected paper. This intelligent design ensures customers receive exceptional image quality time after time.
- Kodak AiO Printers are the only consumer printers on the market that actively monitor and display how much ink and paper are available both on the printer LCD screen and remotely on the computer screen, so consumers can simply hit print and walk away. Kodak’s intelligent paper tray also features an auto-engaging photo tray that holds three sizes of paper.
- With the latest Wi-Fi and networking capability, consumers can effortlessly print with Kodak printers including the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer, from anywhere in their home or even from an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad device.(6) An intuitive control panel and built-in templates make it easy and convenient to print a variety of forms, including graph paper, line paper, wide-ruled paper, tic-tac-toe, to do lists, grocery lists and even sheet music.
- To reduce paper use, the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer seamlessly handles double-sided, duplex printing.
With other printers, consumers waste time thinking about settings and modes, but the Kodak ESP 9250 Printer ensures a high-quality print every time without the guesswork.
VALUE – Print & Prosper with Kodak
With the new KODAK ESP 9250 Printer, Kodak maintains its commitment to delivering the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry.(7)
- Up to 425 black text pages for only $9.99 msrp(8) using KODAK Black Ink Cartridge 10B(9)
- Up to 770 black text pages for only $17.99 msrp(8) using KODAK Black Ink Cartridge 10XL(9)
- Up to 420 color pages for only $17.99 msrp(8) using KODAK Color Ink Cartridge 10C(9)
With Kodak’s industry-leading approach to delivering fair-priced ink without compromising quality, consumers have the freedom to print everything from documents to color photos without worrying about overpaying for ink.
“Over the past three years, Kodak has established itself as the consumer champion in the inkjet printer market, bringing fair pricing to ink while delivering high-quality output and ease of use,” said Susan Tousi, General Manager, Inkjet Systems, and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. “With the introduction of the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer, we are building on that promise by unveiling advanced functionality and quality enhancements that continue to challenge the industry for performance and value.”
Kodak’s new printer announcement is coupled with exciting advancements to its KODAK All-in-One Printer Home Center Software (v 5.4), including social media photo printing from FACEBOOK, PICASA, PHOTOBUCKET, FLICKR sites, and KODAK GALLERY enabling consumers to manage these photos from one place. Additionally, the software also features Perfect Page Image Processing Technology that maximizes image quality right at the scanner, and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology which allows consumers to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and enhance facial features.(10)
Available in August 2010, the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer retails for $249.99 U.S.MSRP. Learn more about Kodak’s inkjet portfolio and see how much you’re overpaying for ink at www.printandprosper.com.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery –join today at www.kodakgallery.com.
Ã‚© Kodak, 2010. KODAK, ESP and PERFECT TOUCH are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.
(1) Based on Kodak ESP 7250 testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR). WIR’s image fade resistance testing included the five major longevity testing factors: light, temperature, unprotected exposure to ambient ozone, high humidity and contact with water. For more information, visit http://www.wilhelmresearch.com
(2) Using KODAK Ultra Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers
(3) Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhlem Imaging Research (WIR)
(4) Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) and Kodak internal testing on Kodak photo papers.
(5) WIR’s image fade resistance testing included the five major longevity testing factors: light, temperature, unprotected exposure to ambient ozone, high humidity and contact with water. For more information, visit http://www.wilhelmresearch.com.
(6) Compatible with iPhone (with OS 2.2 or later) and iPod Touch (2nd generation).
(7) Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using an average page mix of 52% black text documents, 35% mixed-color graphics and 13% photos (printed on KODAK Ultra Premium Paper, glossy finish & highest quality photo papers from other manufacturers) utilizing manufacturers’ recommended standard ink cartridges available in single quantity pricing (i.e. no multi-packs, high capacity, combo packs, value packs or special promotions) as of June 2010. Actual results may vary. For more information and a list of all printers tested, go to http://www.kodak.com/go/inkdata for details
(8) Pricing as of June 1, 2010
(9) Ink yield values obtained by continuous printing in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 (black text documents using ISO/IEC 19752 test target), utilizing KODAK All-In-One Printers. Actual results may vary.
(10) Not available on Macintosh OS
SOURCE Eastman Kodak Company