Consumer and Social Media Technology Companies Take the Stage at Day Two of DEMO Fall; DEMOgod Award Winners Recognized
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 15 /PRNewswire/ — The DEMO Conference’s official DEMO Fall 2010 event concluded today with presentations and product launches from more than 30 pioneers in the consumer and social media space. Over the course of two days, the tech ecosystem united in Silicon Valley for DEMO’s 20th anniversary celebrations that brought to the stage never-before-seen technologies and product launches to an elite crowd of CEO’s and CIO’s, corporate development executives from some of the most influential companies in the world, key venture capitalists and top press from across the nation. Matt Marshall closed the conference by presenting this year’s coveted DEMOgod awards, as well as the special IDG Million Dollar Media Prize and People’s Choice Award which went to Dynamics, Inc. for Card 2.0.
Companies are carefully vetted and hand-selected by the DEMO team and Executive Producer Matt Marshall and compete for the opportunity to introduce new concepts and products to the select DEMO audience. Day Two at DEMO Fall also featured conversations with some of today’s hottest CEO’s including Andrew Mason, Founder/CEO of Groupon, Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn and Lisa Gansky, co-founder of oFoto (now Kodak Gallery) and GNN and Sean Finnegan, President/Chief Digital Officer, Starcom MediaVest Group. Presentations will be available on www.DEMO.com within 24 hours.
“The technologies you see from the DEMO stage today are competing for a place in your living room and office tomorrow,” said DEMO Executive Producer Matt Marshall. “Our goal at DEMO is to shine the spotlight on the most impactful new technologies that are game-changers in their space.”
Highlights from today’s launches:
DEMOfocus on Consumer Technologies
- Dynamics Inc’s Card 2.0 – a fully card-programmable magnetic stripe that can be read at any existing magnetic stripe reader.
- Pechora Technologies’ GotoCamera – software that allows consumers to use existing webcams that they already own as home security cameras.
- HealthInReach’s HealthInReach – a suite of online tools and information allowing patients to find the right doctor, see their services, review their prices and schedule appointments.
- Independa Inc.’s Independa, Inc. – software subscription solutions for family caregivers.
- E-Fuel Corporation’s MicroFueler – a portable (plug and play) organic waste conversion ethanol system, including fuel dispenser nozzle.
- Primal’s Primal Pages for Publishers – makes large content projects simple and assembles personalized Web sites based on the interests of your audience.
- Semantifi’s Semantifi.com – a platform to publish and search structured data on the Web.
- TuneUp Media’s TuneUp – a plug-in for iTunes and Windows Media Player that lets you get more from the music you love.
- Uvisor Corporation’s Uvisor.com – a customized, Web-based approach to efficiently seek out employment opportunities.
- Veebeam’s Veebeam – a way to wirelessly stream anything from your laptop to your TV.
- VoiceBase, Inc.’s VoiceBase.com – brings storage, search and sharing to voice communications such as conferences, presentations and meetings.
- Browsemob’s Browsemob – allows shoppers to negotiate with their local apparel retailer using the retailer’s website.
- Digital Lifestyle Solutions’ Fitlab – a multi-screen digital lifestyle network focused on health, fitness and wellness.
- Ether2 ‘s The Q – eliminates traditional red-light/green-light routers.
- SeePort’s SeePort Virtual Windows – dedicated, Wi-Fi video windows that let friends and family stay connected with live, real-time, ‘persistent’ video conversations.
- Moonjee Corporation’s TryItOn – a tool that helps customers visualize themselves in a variety of apparel and accessories.
DEMOfocus on Social Media Technologies (Part 1)
- Bump Network Inc.’s www. BUMP.com – a safety, marketing, membership and communications platform that allows users to connect online and offline via unique identifiers.
- Copia Interactive, LLC’s Copia – an open platform combining content, social networking and e-commerce across multiple devices.
- Dyyno’s Dyyno Turnkey Online Video Portals – enables businesses to roll out custom video portals for distributing live, VOD, and linear TV content.
- Filter Platforms Inc.’s Filterfoundry.com – a social network marketplace built for designers and visual artists.
- Scayl’s HDemail – a decentralized email network agent that improves email performance.
- homingCloud’s homingCloud – a social networking site that connects residential real estate owners with buyers, renters and sub-letters without brokers.
- Metabeam’s Metabeam Sideshow Service – empowers the audience with configurable channels of content that run alongside their media experience.
- Needly’s Needly – a way to sell what you have and get what you need without merchant accounts or PayPal.
- Ishi Systems Inc’s Picksie – a location based discovery service that answers the question “What can I do, right here, right now.
DEMOfocus on Social Media Technologies (Part 2)
- SocialSmack, Inc.’s SocialSmack – a Web and mobile experience review platform powered by a real-time social stream.
- Touchring Co., Ltd’s Touchring – lets anyone call, text and/or video without downloading a client and from wherever they are online.
- Trailmeme’s Trailmeme (A Xerox Venture) – allows users to create and publish curated trails through Web content, using a rich visual editor.
- 3DreamTeam’s Vizerra – a software platform for creating 3D worlds.
DEMOfocus on Social Media Technologies (Part 3)
- wayConnected LLC’s wayConnected – a free, Web application database of contact information.
- SELECT2GETHER’s Weliket (We-like-it) – opens the world of live interactive online social shopping to anyone with a Web browser.
- LiveComplete Inc.’s Next-Generation Platform in Healthy Living – a platform to empower people to live a healthy, happy and fulfilling lifestyle.
Visitors to www.DEMO.com may view all DEMO stage presentations within 24 hours of each product launch.
DEMOgod Award(TM) Winners
The desirable DEMOgod Awards are given to those that show outstanding potential to succeed in the market while motivating and exciting the DEMO audience. Congratulations to the six companies that Matt Marshall honored with DEMOgod Awards during DEMO Fall 2010:
People’s Choice Award – IDG’s Million Dollar Media Prize Winner
The winner of the $1M IDG Media Prize, an exclusive multimedia advertising package, was also announced this afternoon, awarded to a single demonstrating company that was identified by attendees as winner of the coveted People’s Choice award. The multi-faceted media package will consist of a six-month advertising campaign promoting the launch of the selected innovations across the most relevant IDG brands including CIO, Computerworld, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World PC World, among others, as well as the DEMO and VentureBeat Web sites. Attendees and the press vote on the People’s Choice Award winner. Matt Marshall honored the following company with this exciting award:
- People’s Choice winner: Dynamics, Inc.
Save the date for DEMO Spring 2011! The DEMO conference will return to Palm Desert, CA at the JW Marriott Hotel, February 27-March 1, 2011.
Stay connected with DEMO through the communities on the following sites:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DEMOconference
- LinkedIn: http://www.demo.com/linkedin
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/demo; http://www.twitter.com/mmarshall
DEMO Fall 2010 Sponsors
DEMO Fall 2010 Platinum Sponsors: Qualcomm, LOUD3R, PlugandPlay, and InLab Ventures.
DEMO Fall 2010 Gold Sponsors: Austin Ventures, Comerica Bank, Cooleye, Goodwin Procter, GreenbergTraurig, Howard, Rice Nemorovski, Canady, Falk & Rabkin, Invest Northern Ireland, Juno Wallet Giftcards, Mayfield Fund, Mintz Levin, National Science Foundation, NEC, Northern Trust, NYSE Euronext, Porter Novelli, Rothstein Kass, Topaz Partners, Trinet, VCNetwork, Wells Fargo, and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
DEMO Demonstrator Alumni include: Bill.com, Rseven Mobile, Inc., eXaudios Technologies, Ltd, Always Innovating, Inc., Boingo Wireless, Inc., Liaise, Inc.
The DEMO Showcase will feature Global Impact, NewsBasis, C2Call, Inner Circle, and Posterbee.
Strategic Partners include: VentureBeat, GuidewireGroup, IDG Ventures, The Demo Coach, New Media Synergy.
The official DEMO Fall Live Broadcast Sponsor is Fora.tv.
About the DEMO Conferences
Produced by the IDG Enterprise events group in conjunction with VentureBeat, the DEMO conferences in the United States and China focus on emerging technologies and new products innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow’s cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launch pad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Handspring, and U.S. Robotics, helping them to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, and influence early adopters. For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/.
The DEMO community also benefits from the award winning DEMOletter. A weekly e – newsletter designed to reach the people who are creating companies, building products and launching new ideas, DEMOletter provides smart insight and analysis of entrepreneurial business issues. To subscribe, go to: http://www.demo.com
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together unique editorial brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As a digital-centric media company we serve our reader and advertiser audiences with award-winning content and community, driving conversation and conversion, across our entire portfolio of awarding-winning, websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council, a peer advisory service, brings together the nation’s top CIOs, as well as provides community and leadership development tools for their staffs.
Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com
All product and company names are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE DEMO Conferences