Allstate Introduces Tag In: New Smartphone App Provides Safety, Convenience, Peace of Mind
NORTHBROOK, Ill, Oct. 21/PRNewswire/ — Allstate (NYSE: ALL) today announced the launch of Tag In by Allstate(TM), a new mobile messaging smart phone app for iPhone, Android and Blackberry users. This new offering is the latest example of the company’s commitment to safety advocacy and consumer-focused innovation.
Tag In is a fast and easy way to stay connected with family, friends or colleagues with a quick message and GPS location without using multiple applications or exposing your information and location to a broad audience.
“Allstate has clear goals for our mobile offerings: deliver services and tools that consumers value in ways that are consistent with who we are and what we stand for,” said Bob Wasserman, vice president of e-Business for Allstate. “People want to stay connected, but they’re also concerned about protecting their privacy. Designed with families in mind, Tag In combines convenient social networking, location features and user control of who sees personal information. It’s quicker than texting and more private than Facebook or Foursquare.”
Tag In offers the following unique features:
- Quick Messages — Save time with a series of messages that can be sent over and over again.
- GPS Functionality — Send your current location to family, friends and colleagues at the touch of a few buttons; even when you don’t know exactly where you are.
- Messages Just like a Text — Receive messages without opening the app. Tag In alerts pop up directly on a mobile home screen as a text.
- Group Contact List — Send the same message to multiple people with “My Groups.” Create a set of contacts and connect with them all in just four touches.
- Mobile Phone Compatibility — Contacts need not have a smart phone or the app to receive Tag In messages.
Tag In is compatible with iPhone devices using the iOS4 operating system and newer; Android devices using the 2.0.1 operating system and newer; and most BlackBerry devices using the 4.5 operating system and newer.
To view an online demonstration of Tag-In, or to learn about other Allstate smart phone apps, visit www.allstate.com/mobile.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate(Ã‚®)” slogan, Allstate is reinventing protection and retirement to help more than 17 million households insure what they have today and better prepare for tomorrow. Consumers access Allstate insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the U.S. and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate(Ã‚®).
SOURCE Allstate Insurance Company