OpTier Continues to Raise the Bar for Application Performance Management with New Product Release
NEW YORK, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ — OpTierÃ‚®, the leader in Business Transaction Management (BTM) for the enterprise, today announced the release of OpTier BTM version 4, the industry’s most comprehensive solution for end-to-end Business Transaction Management, from the end-user, cross-application, datacenter and cloud perspectives. OpTier BTM helps customers ensure that business transactions are executed on time and successfully without any disruptions. OpTier BTM 4 includes end-user experience management, application transaction profiling, application diagnostics, auto-discovery of transaction dependencies and complex event processing. With the new rapidly deployable OpTier BTM 4 suite, organizations can expect a role and activity-based, business-centric view of their application performance, enabling them to make more informed decisions relative to their job functions, improve the quality of the end-user and customer experience, and diagnose and resolve problems quickly. By leveraging the intelligence delivered with OpTier BTM 4, organizations will improve end-user experience, increase user productivity and dramatically reduce operational costs.
“OpTier BTM 4 addresses the challenge of providing meaningful information to different stakeholders within the business including managers and operations, as well as customers,” said Spencer Holland, strategic architect at Capgemini, an OpTier BTM customer. “Further, as we look to move towards a cloud-based provider, OpTier BTM 4 will enable us to track the visibility of transactions across the datacenter and the cloud. This will not only help our IT team to work together more efficiently, but it will also help us to communicate more effectively with our end clients.”
With OpTier BTM 4, organizations can streamline IT management processes while taking a collaborative approach across the IT enterprise and the client. OpTier BTM 4 offers the market the following new capabilities:
- A customizable, easy-to-use interface now offers role, activity and process-based dashboards and reports, empowering a broader constituency of business and IT managers in decision-making about performance, capacity and configuration.
- A powerful OLAP (online analytical processing) engine for easy and flexible manipulation of rich data for meaningful business-centric information.
- Simple deployment with a flexible and extensible approach using a combination of light weight agents and agentless capabilities to fit the needs of the customer environment.
- A superior end-user experience solution with unique change-impact analysis that not only helps business line managers and IT proactively detect problems, but also helps them understand the end-user experience impact of any given change.
- Deep diagnostics capability including visibility into J2EE calling methods, mainframe CICS transactions, SQL statements and more for faster troubleshooting.
- Log parsing capability for a broader and more flexible approach to track business transactions using existing application log files.
- iBTM, OpTier’s new iPhone application, enabling users to access and manage application and business transaction performance data from anywhere.
“Increased use of virtualization, converged infrastructure, SOA and cloud computing architectures are creating highly complex IT environments where it can be difficult to isolate the source of performance problems because business transactions flow across multiple tiers and platforms both inside and outside the corporate firewall,” explains Mary Johnston Turner, IDC research director for Enterprise System Management Software. “More than ever, business and IT decision makers need to collaborate in setting operational priorities and monitoring SLAs, so as to maintain the health and availability of critical business services. OpTier’s BTM 4 provides the type of role-based, end-to-end insight and analytics needed to make sure that business and IT decision makers have timely and actionable information about business transaction performance status, root cause of problems and expected business impact.”
“OpTier pioneered the BTM market with a vision of delivering business-centric IT management,” said Russell Rothstein, vice president of product marketing at OpTier. “OpTier BTM 4 offers enterprises more intelligence, rapid deployment and the transactional view needed to manage applications for on or off-premise clouds.”
Learn more about the new OpTier BTM 4, in general availability today.
Of the billions of business transactions conducted every second, more are assured by OpTier than by any other IT management software company.
OpTier’s Business Transaction Management solution (OpTier BTM(TM)) enables business application owners to take control over service performance and availability. OpTier BTM assures the quick and successful execution of all business transactions, by managing every step of every transaction. It delivers unparalleled visibility of all business transactions in order to eliminate outages, effectively manage change and improve end-user experience. OpTier, with a fast-growing list of Global 2000 customers, pioneered the concept that transactions are where IT and business meet.
Contacts: Jennifer Barlow or Dana Wendy Perilli Carr Schwartz Communications, OpTier Inc. 212-679-2700 781-684-0770 firstname.lastname@example.org OpTier@schwartz-pr.com