Meru Networks Extends Virtualized WLAN Portfolio with New Value-Priced Business Critical 802.11n Access Points
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 4, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Meru Networks, Inc., (Nasdaq: MERU), the leader in virtualized and optimized 802.11n enterprise wireless networking, announced today a new 802.11n access point product line for the extended enterprise, the AP1000i. The AP1000i leverages the power of Meru’s market proven Single-Channel, Virtual Port(TM) and Virtual Cell(TM) technologies, delivering enterprise leaders simple deployment, ease of management, reliability and cost savings for the distributed enterprise. Delivering robust connectivity, mobility and service assurance, the AP1000i is designed to deliver a Wireless-Like-Wire(TM) experience for the distributed enterprise and enable businesses to elevate the customer experience and boost employee productivity.
- The AP1000i is the newest entry-level, high value enterprise access point solution in Meru’s product family with breakthrough connectivity, mobility and security and is designed to be the industry’s simplest to deploy and easiest to manage WLAN solution.
- Designed for enterprises demanding mission-critical connectivity and mobility without the high cost and complexity of microcell products.
- Out-of-the-box support for thousands of 802.11 a/b/g/n devices.
- Enhanced by the optional Service Assurance Manager(TM) software, IT managers have predictive WLAN availability and complete visibility to branch and remote offices.
- Simple and easy to deploy, the AP1000i is administered and managed by centralized IT departments and service providers.
- Based on Meru’s proven innovative Single-Channel, Virtual Cell, Virtual Port technology, the AP1000i delivers consistent and uniform coverage with minimal RF planning and ongoing RF site surveys.
- With an entry-level price of $395, the AP1000i offers extraordinary performance at this price point. The AP1000i is able to significantly lower CapEx by up to 30 percent, and can reduce OpEx savings by up to 50 percent – making the AP1000i an attractive solution for mass adoption.
- The AP1000i provides full branch-to-core security that includes integrated rogue mitigation and intrusion prevention, providing secure access to applications and corporate resources.
- AP1000i enables companies to rapidly scale to support the expansion of business operations, as well as support the addition of new locations, and is ideal for organizations where IT is centrally located and managing distributed deployments to tens or hundreds of additional sites, nationally or globally.
- With Meru, companies now have a low-cost, business critical 802.11n access point for use in their extended enterprise. With the AP1000i, customers can experience the reliable connectivity, mobility, rock-solid performance and the service assurance they need.
Paul Picknelly, president, Monarch Enterprises
“The Springfield Sheraton hotel has a long-standing reputation for superior customer service and guest satisfaction throughout every aspect of our business. When guests began to complain about dropped connections and poor performance on the wireless network, we knew we needed to replace our legacy system with a solution that could deliver predictive high performance from the lobby to the guests’ rooms to the conference rooms. Through working with our technology partner, The Kelser Corporation and Meru Networks, we implemented a key upgrade to our system. Kelser teamed with Meru to install the AP1000i which had an immediate impact on our network’s performance. Because it was so easy to setup, configure and deploy, we had a solution that allowed us to rapidly address performance issues without requiring on-site IT resources. With the price point and ease of setup, we are able to deploy this very cost-effectively throughout the hotel and out to some of our other locations. This was just another example of how partners like Meru Networks and Kelser have improved service delivery to the Sheraton’s clients as well as reducing costs to the operation.”
Rohit Mehra, director, enterprise communications infrastructure, IDC
“As organizations become increasingly dependent on wireless to increase productivity and efficiencies across the entire enterprise, we see the need for more reliable and higher-performing wireless LAN solutions at remote sites and branch locations. With solutions like Meru’s AP 1000i, IT organizations are able to securely extend rich application support, scalable service delivery and reliable wireless connectivity across all sites. By integrating these sites together under a single management platform, organizations can improve the flow of business with minimal impact to shrinking IT budgets.”
Ram Appalaraju, senior vice president, marketing, Meru Networks
“Enterprises are seeking ways to extend their reach to get close to their customers, and transforming their infrastructure to accommodate the new reality of globally distributed workforce and locations. They are demanding simple, reliable, seamless and efficient WLAN solutions to integrate remote offices into their corporate networks. With the AP1000i, our proven innovations are now available starting at new entry-level price points to enable no compromise secure, scalable and reliable WLAN solutions for the extended enterprises.”
Pricing and Availability
Pricing begins at $395 for a single-radio access point. The AP1000i is available in December 2010.
About Meru Networks
Founded in 2002, Meru Networks develops and markets a virtualized wireless LAN solution that cost-effectively optimizes the enterprise network to deliver the performance, reliability, predictability and operational simplicity of a wired network, with the advantages of mobility. Meru’s solution represents an innovative approach to wireless networking that utilizes virtualization technology to create an intelligent and self-monitoring wireless network, and enables enterprises to migrate their business-critical applications from wired networks to wireless networks, and become all-wireless enterprises. Meru’s solutions have been adopted in major industry vertical markets, including education, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Meru is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has operations in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.merunetworks.com or call (408) 215-5300.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding Meru Networks expectations, hopes, plans, intentions or strategies, including, but not limited to statements regarding Meru’s ability to deliver robust connectivity, mobility and service assurance for the distributed enterprise, the ability to boost employee productivity, the ability to deliver up to 30 percent lower CapEx and up to 50 percent OpEx savings, and the ability to rapidly scale to support the expansion of business operations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties include those described in Meru Networks’ documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Meru Networks as of the date hereof, and Meru Networks assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Meru Networks is a registered trademark of Meru Networks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media contact: Investors contact: Neila Matheny Karen Haus / Elaine Chen Engage PR Market Street Partners (510) 748-8200, ext. 215 (408) 215-5658 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Meru Networks, Inc.