Critigen Adds Location Intelligence to Infor’s Public Sector Asset Management Software
Incorporation of Leading GIS Technologies Helps Maximize Public Asset Budgets
Denver, CO (PRWEB) November 4, 2010
Critigen, a global technology consultancy, today announced that its spatial intelligence, based on Esri’s® ArcGIS Server and Microsoft® SilverlightÃ¢“¢ technologies, has been integrated into the Infor Hansen Asset Management solution for the Public Sector.
The nation’s aging critical infrastructure, coupled with reduced operating budgets, results in inefficient management of vital assets. Infor Hansen Asset Management is being used by public agencies worldwide to help improve labor usage, reduce inventories and reduce the need for new equipment. With the integration of Critigen’s spatial intelligence solutions, Infor Public Sector clients can now better collect, analyze and execute important business processes and establish new efficiencies by visualizing their dispersed assets and data.
“Municipalities across the United States are facing the same troubling problems: aging assets and reduced budgets,” said Bob Benstead, VP Strategic Planning, Infor. “Cities need to do more with less, and GIS-enabled tools such as Infor Hansen are specifically designed to identify these issues and create streamlined solutions.”
A major New York public agency, for example, uses Infor Hansen Asset Management to:
- Optimize vehicle routing to reduce vehicle-miles traveled and save on fuel and maintenance costs
- Optimize and improve crew efficiency through better geographic assignment of work orders and;
- Enhance decision-making through enterprise access to a common operating picture (including an understanding of all of an organization’s knowledge stored in disparate enterprise systems displayed on a map using location as the common key.)
“The majority of asset management systems are under-utilized,” said Ken Hill, vice president, Critigen. “By augmenting an already powerful tool such as Infor Hansen Asset Management, problems of municipal zoning, work order sequencing, inventory, project formation and scheduling are more quickly and consistently identified and resolved before issues occur.”
Infor is the largest provider of business applications to mid-sized companies, with over 8,000 employees serving over 70,000 customers in 125 countries. Infor focuses on two core beliefs: the importance of constant innovation and the value of laser focus on its customers. Infor delivers software that is simple to buy, easy to deploy, and convenient to manage.
Infor’s focus on automating key business processes and integrating over 70 acquisitions of proven and widely deployed application products has served its customers well. These customers include:
- The top 10 aerospace companies
- Over 450 major apparel and footwear companies
- 14 of the world’s top 25 automotive suppliers
- Nine of the top 10 high tech companies
- More than 4,500 machinery manufacturers
- 21 of the top 35 life sciences companies
- Nearly half of the top 100 electrical distributors
- 1,000 financial services companies
- 2,000 municipalities and government agencies
- 22 of the top 50 global retailers
- Seven of the top 10 brewers
For additional information about Infor, please visit http://www.infor.com.
Critigen is a global leader in information technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage spatial intelligence, business analyses, and award-winning managed services to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients. Learn more about Critigen’s services and solutions at http://www.critigen.com.
# # #
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2010/11/prweb4743924.htm