SOLSTICE Sunglasses Boutique Launches eCommerce Store With Demandware
WOBURN, Mass., Nov. 29, 2010 /PRNewswire/ —
- Demandware, Inc., the global leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that SOLSTICE, one of North America’s largest sunglass specialty retailers, is taking its first step into the ecommerce arena by announcing the launch of its new online retail store www.solsticesunglasses.com built on the DemandwareÃ‚® Commerce platform.
- As part of a long-term strategy to sell across multiple channels, SOLSTICE has developed a new standard for selling luxury eyewear online to reach a more style-conscious, digitally connected fan base.
- SOLSTICE’s pioneering open-sell retail design format, coupled with offering the ultimate sunglass product assortment, has helped the upscale U.S. sunglass retailer carve out a niche for itself, quickly becoming a hit with fashion-minded customers and celebrity shoppers. The ecommerce component was the last critical portion to be added to the retail channel strategy, which will help increase the retailer’s position in the market.
- The new site mirrors the company’s upscale store design, combining clean sophisticated lines with the brands’ seasonal advertising campaigns from more than 40 luxury, designer and sport sunglass brands, including Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Marc Jacobs, Bottega Veneta, Carrera and Smith Optics among others. The site replicates the luxury experience, yet presents customers with easy-to-navigate search options to make shopping easier.
- The new site will be key to supporting SOLSTICE’S marketing campaigns while integrating with many of the top social networking sites. Customers will not only be able to send detailed product information and photos from the online store to their mobile devices using the latest mobile shopping technology, they will also be able to share information and photos with others using the most advanced social networking tools available. Combining ecommerce with social networking allows for instant uploading of favorite picks on Facebook, sharing new styles on Twitter or simply sending a few selections via email.
- In addition to the new online store, select SOLSTICE stores will offer customers the unique opportunity to interact with www.solsticesunglasses.com while in store using touch-screen kiosks. The exclusive feature allows further browsing through the entire virtual inventory available while providing detailed product information. Currently, SOLSTICE has introduced this advanced technology in its new flagship store in San Francisco (846 Market Street), with plans to expand in 2011.
- SOLSTICE used the Demandware SiteGenesisÃ‚® storefront application included in Demandware Commerce as the foundation for its new ecommerce site. The SiteGenesis storefront includes best practices in usability, site merchandising and technical architecture, along with hundreds of apparel-optimized ecommerce features.
“When our consumers walk into a SOLSTICE Sunglass Boutique, they are greeted by trained experts who are prepared to help them find the perfect pair of sunglasses. We needed an ecommerce platform that would mirror our dedication to providing a unique, tailored shopping experience and that was scalable to the broad range of inventory we offer to our customers,” said Rick Talmage, chief operating officer for SOLSTICE. “The Demandware platform enabled us to meet the needs of our customers as well as the demands of our luxury partners. Demandware is the platform that will grow with us while at the same time support our increased marketing initiatives.”
“The SOLSTICE customer demands immediate access to the latest in fashionable sunglasses. Using Demandware provides a simple solution to showcase their entire range of eyewear online, reaching their customers in a way that they have not been able to do previously,” said Jamus Driscoll, vice president of marketing for Demandware. “Demandware is excited to work with SOLSTICE and their partners to launch their U.S. online retail site and expand with them as their needs evolve over time.”
- SOLSTICE Sunglasses – http://www.solsticesunglasses.com
- SOLSTICE on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/SolSunglasses
- SOLSTICE on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/solsticesunglassboutique
Connect With Us!
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/demandware
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/demandware
- Demandware Blog – http://blog.demandware.com/
SOLSTICE Sunglass Boutique is an upscale sunglass specialty chain owned and operated by Solstice Marketing Concepts (SMC), LLC, the New York City based subsidiary of the renowned Italian designer eyewear manufacturer Safilo Group. With over 160 SOLSTICE and SOLSTICE Sunglass Outlet locations nationwide, SOLSTICE offers one of the largest selections of designer sunwear of any department store or sunglass specialty retailer, with over 1,000 pairs from which to choose in a variety of price points. Highly coveted brands available at SOLSTICE locations include: Armani Exchange, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Bottega Veneta, Carrera, Dior, Dior Homme, Emporio Armani, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Jimmy Choo, Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Valentino and Yves Saint Laurent, to name a few. For general information and store locations, visit www.solsticesunglasses.com.
About Demandware, Inc.
The trusted, global leader in on-demand ecommerce, Demandware revolutionizes how businesses deliver customized shopping experiences to consumers in the digital world. Only Demandware combines the on-demand ecommerce platform rated #1 by industry analysts, an open ecosystem of partners that extend the value of the platform, and measurable commitment by its employees to enabling client revenue growth. Demandware continually sets industry standards for market innovation and client satisfaction. Demandware clients include industry leaders such as Bare Escentuals, Barneys New York, Columbia Sportswear, Crocs, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Hanover Direct, Jones Apparel Group, Lifetime Brands, Michaels Stores, Panasonic, Reitmans and Theory. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Demandware, Inc.