goMobi Content Mobilization Platform Goes Global With Advanced Language Capabilities
DUBLIN, Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — dotMobi, a worldwide leader in the development & discovery of quality mobile content and the company behind the .mobi Internet domain, today announced a series of new, innovative features for both users and sales partners of goMobi(TM), the world’s first content mobilization platform — a hybrid of a traditional content management system and a practically automatic mobile website builder.
For goMobi users, the service now offers new tools to help generate additional business via the mobile Web. These tools include:
- Local Language Set-up. To make site creation even easier for businesses around the world, goMobi customers can now use the goMobi Setup Assistant in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese.
- Site Visitor Translation. With one click, visitors can view a goMobi site in the language of their choice, with 14 languages available.
- Easy Events Calendar. goMobi users can publicize their events, like sales or conferences, via an XML feed from Google Calendar. And site users can add the event into their vCal-compliant device calendars.
- Advanced “Find Us.” goMobi now shows the direction and distance to a business from the user’s current location on higher-end devices via GPS and / or built-in compass.
For goMobi sales partners, goMobi now offers:
- Multi-language Set-up Support. Sales partners can now offer goMobi in English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese — or let goMobi site owners decide which language they prefer to use when creating their sites.
- goMobi Administration Tool improvements include enhanced reporting capabilities that allow exporting of goMobi subscription information (in .csv format) plus the ability to easily track trial customers to encourage activating accounts.
“The mobile Web is a unique, low-cost channel for small businesses to market themselves. Having goMobi available in multiple languages makes the advantages of the mobile Web accessible to the bulk of the world’s mobile phone users,” said Trey Harvin, CEO, dotMobi. “I’m happy to bring goMobi to the world’s small businesses so they can create fast, easy and complete mobile sites without language barriers.”
Harvin added, “And for our sales partners, dotMobi is making marketing materials available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese, along with a sub-reseller marketing kit in Spanish, French and German so that selling goMobi is easier than ever.”
Global Internet services company Tucows and its OpenSRS group have recently joined the family of providers now offering goMobi. Adam Eisner, Director of Domain Services at Tucows, said, “We’re excited to offer goMobi to our resellers and clients. And we’re especially pleased with goMobi’s language enhancements because we have a large base of Spanish and French users who demand ‘in-language’ services. And with the availability of goMobi in Simplified Chinese, it’s obvious that goMobi’s reach will ensure that it’s the global standard for a mobile Web presence.”
goMobi, recently named as “best technical Innovation of 2010″ by the Irish Software Association, is available from a variety of Internet service companies, including BulkRegister, eNom, Instra Corporation, IP Mirror, name.com and OpenSRS. goMobi will soon be available from EuroDNS, InterNetWire and its subsidiaries, and InterNetX.
For information on how registrars, Web services & hosting companies, and developers & designers can offer goMobi to their customers, please contact sales@goMobi.info.
Headquartered in Dublin, dotMobi is a global leader in enabling the development & discovery of quality mobile content through innovative services, in turn helping businesses and individuals reach the world’s billions of mobile phone users. dotMobi spurs mobile industry innovation by giving content providers the tools they need to ensure the Web will work on mobile phones with speed, accuracy and relevant content. dotMobi is a wholly owned subsidiary of Afilias Limited.
- Visit http://dotMobi.mobi for information on .mobi domains and all dotMobi services.
- Visit http://mobiForge.com and http://goMobi.info for mobile site development and services.
- Visit http://mobiThinking.com for mobile marketing information and services.
- Of course, use the .mobi equivalents of these sites to guarantee a quality experience on your mobile device. And see the dotMobi blog at http://blog.mobi.
For more information, please contact: Vance Hedderel dotMobi +1-703-485-5563 email@example.com Danielle Siemon Edelman for dotMobi (US) +1-650-762-2947 firstname.lastname@example.org Emily Middleton Edelman for dotMobi (UK) +44-20-3047-2318 email@example.com