VKernel Reaches Profitability; Announces Record Fourth Quarter
Record Fourth Quarter and 2010 Results Driven by Growing Adoption of Capacity Management for Virtualized and Cloud Data Centers
Andover, MA (PRWEB) January 13, 2011
VKernel, the number one provider of capacity management products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments, announced today it has reached profitability due to record fourth quarter and annual financial results. The growing adoption of capacity management solutions for managing data center virtualization and cloud initiatives combined with timely product execution by the company has driven this growth.
Increasing demand for capacity management solutions was evident at new customer Thermo Fisher Scientific, the worldwide leader in instrumentation for scientific research. Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from routine testing and field applications to complex laboratory research. “VKernel has the only solution that offers both the scalability and simplicity we need to enable our small IT staff to manage the company’s growing virtualized server and storage environment,” said Bill Smith, Senior Systems Engineer, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Everyone is impressed by how easy it is to navigate the user interface, and drill down to find precisely the information needed to fix a problem or fine-tune performance. By helping us focus on the important issues, the VKernel Capacity Management Suite has dramatically improved our productivity — it’s almost like having another engineer on staff.”
In addition to reaching profitability, other highlights of Q4 include:
- Record Financial Results ““ 250% year over year and quarter over quarter revenue growth.
- New Enterprise Customers ““ VKernel surpassed 600 customers with an ever increasing percentage of wins from large enterprises. VKernel’s use of advanced analytics to simplify a complex problem has accelerated both wins and adoption in these large environments.
- New Products ““ New VKernel Chargeback 2.5 with Hyper-V has integration into both Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self Service Portal.
- Collaboration with Microsoft ““ VKernel was selected as the chargeback partner for Microsoft’s self-service portal, a fully supported, partner-extensible solution built on top of Windows version 2008 R2 Hyper-V and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008.
- Expansion of the Management Team – Industry veteran Tom O’Connell joined VKernel as Executive Vice President of Customer Operations to assist in international, federal government, and channel partner expansion.
“Our fourth quarter customer growth and 2010 revenue exceeded our expectations,” said Doug McNary, CEO of VKernel. “Enterprises are now seeing that capacity management is a must-have function if they are to improve ROI and avoid performance issues commonly seen in virtualized environments. This trend will only accelerate as virtual server deployments expand into ever more critical applications.”
VKernel is the number one provider of capacity management products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments. The company’s powerful, easy to use and affordable products simplify the complex and critical tasks of planning, monitoring and predicting capacity utilization and bottlenecks. Used by over 45,000 system administrators, the products have proven their ability to maximize capacity utilization, reduce virtualization costs and improve application performance.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebcapacity-management/virtualized-environments/prweb4968484.htm