Siemens Enterprise Communications and Enterasys Networks Announce Broad Range of Cloud Wireless Solutions
ANDOVER, Mass., March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications company, today announced a portfolio of solutions designed to offer customers flexible options for implementing and managing enterprise cloud wireless solutions, with new options for premise-based, cloud-based, and managed offerings. Today’s announcement includes the following: private cloud capabilities for deploying a globally distributed wireless infrastructure, managed services for out-tasking and outsourcing key functions of the wireless network, and enhanced integrated wired/wireless network management visibility and control capabilities.
“The explosion of connected devices, applications and user mobility demands, coupled with increasingly complex deployment scenarios for both wired and wireless networks, is straining IT and driving up TCO,” said Chris Crowell, president and CEO of Enterasys Networks. “With today’s announcement, we are enabling our customers to choose a wireless deployment model that best fits the needs of their business – whether that is through deploying and managing wireless in the cloud, outsourcing or out-tasking key wireless network management functions, or enabling wireless management on-the-go via a mobile device.”
Enterasys Cloud Wireless: Enabling Private Cloud for Enterprise Wireless Network
Enterasys Wireless customers now have the option to use Enterasys Cloud Wireless solutions in a private cloud environment. By providing more built-in access point intelligence and controller independence, Enterasys now provides leading flexibility for wireless deployments of all sizes. Enterasys Cloud Wireless includes the following:
- Centralized management for private cloud deployment scenarios, ideal for distributed enterprises looking to leverage headquarter controller deployments to manage branch/remote office access points
- Intelligent and survivable access points with robust local switching and filtering capabilities to enable independent data plane operation without involvement from a controller
- Enterasys Network Management Suite (NMS) to provide integrated management of wired and wireless networks, including mobile management capabilities
- OpenScale Managed Wireless Services for organizations wishing to leverage the expertise and service assurance of a professionally outsourced wireless network model
Enterasys NMS Mobile: Enhanced Mobility, Visibility and Control
The Enterasys Network Management Suite (also known as NetSightÃ‚®) applications provide centralized visibility and granular control of enterprise network resources. NMS offers anytime, anywhere wired and wireless network visibility and control, improving network reliability and performance for end-user productivity. Building on the full integration of wireless management functionality into NMS, key mobile capabilities available as a beta release include:
- Anytime, anywhere access to Enterasys wired/wireless network management capabilities from popular personal mobile devices
- The ability to instantly locate information about an individual user or group of users
- Easy real-time access to the status of the wireless network, including detailed information about controllers and access points
- Improved control capabilities enabling IT to connect a user to the network or re-authenticate an end system
OpenScale Managed Services: Augment Internal IT Staff to Manage Wireless Networks
Enterprises are increasingly looking for managed service options for wireless deployments due to scarcity of internal IT expertise and resources. OpenScale Managed Services provide customers with a global and affordable option to outsource the management of their WLAN infrastructure to specialized and skilled resources. Customers around the world have adopted a managed service approach to deploying and managing their Enterasys wireless infrastructure, including:
- The Brussels Airport Company (Belgium) – Moving to a campus-wide IP communications platform with wireless hotspots and unified communications, the airport will have one of the largest WLANs in Europe. Leveraging OpenScale Managed Services, the company aims to improve service capabilities and technical support for its 4,800 users.
- Henry Ford Health System (USA) – One of the nation’s leading healthcare providers, Henry Ford Health System has seen 20% in operational budget savings since adopting Siemens Enterprise Communications managed services in 1999. Its WLAN covers more than three million square feet in 40 buildings.
- NurnbergMesse (Germany) – The international trade fair organizer concentrates on its core business while providing modern IP communications to its exhibitors. Via managed services, the communications infrastructure including WLAN, OpenScape UC Server and several thousand voice and data ports are managed simply and reliably.
- UNISUL (Brazil) – As one of the most technologically-driven universities in Brazil, UNISUL leverages OpenScale Managed Services to cost-effectively provide students and employees complete WLAN infrastructure and OpenScape Voice and UC applications to become the first Latin American university to benefit from WLAN security and management features.
“The Brussels Airport Company is quickly gaining a state-of-the-art communications infrastructure – including one of Europe’s largest wireless networks,” said Pierre Gehrenbeck, Telecommunication Manager of The Brussels Airport Company. “Using the Managed Service framework and partnering with Siemens Enterprise Communications, we are using an outsourced approach to take service delivery and innovation to the next level. Furthermore, with reduced system maintenance needs and faster resolution of incidents, we have rolled out a more cost effective solution that will enable our IT staff to focus on more strategic initiatives.”
About Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a premier provider of end-to-end enterprise communications, including voice, network infrastructure and security solutions that use open, standards-based architectures to unify communications and business applications for a seamless collaboration experience. This award-winning “Open Communications” approach enables organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs through easy-to-deploy solutions that work within existing IT environments, delivering operational efficiencies. It is the foundation for the company’s OpenPathÃ‚® commitment that enables customers to mitigate risk and cost-effectively adopt unified communications. Jointly owned by The Gores Group and Siemens AG, Siemens Enterprise Communications companies include Siemens Enterprise Communications, Cycos, and Enterasys Networks.
Note: Siemens Enterprise Communications & Co K.G. is a trademark licensee of Siemens AG. HiPath, OpenOffice, OpenScape and OpenStage, are registered trademarks of Siemens Enterprise Communications & Co K.G. or its affiliates. All other company, brand, product and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
This release contains forward-looking statements based on beliefs of Siemens’ management. The words “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “should,” and “project” are used to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the company’s current views with respect to future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause the actual results to be materially different, including, among others, changes in general economic and business conditions, changes in currency exchange rates and interest rates, introduction of competing products, lack of acceptance of new products or services and changes in business strategy. Actual results may vary materially from those projected here. Siemens does not intend or assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Enterasys Networks