GreenGlamGo.com, Premiere Green and Sustainable Fashion Mobile App to Launch in Nokia’s Ovi Store
GreenGlamGo and Luxus Inc announce the worldwide launch of GreenGlamGo.com, a mobile site, smart phone application, and social platform that aggregates the most creative, green, handmade, sustainable designers and retailers, and brings them to a wider audience allowing eco-fashionistas to shop ethically and stylishly. GreenGlamGo is being touted as the consummate green and sustainable shopping and lifestyle space, aggregating this community for the first time by combining fashion, shopping, and mobile technology in the form of a smart phone and desktop application, and social community.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 3, 2011
GreenGlamGo is a mobile shopping app that’s also an educational tool: helping consumers shop with intention, vote with their dollars, cut through the clutter, and organize resources: bringing the best in green and sustainable fashion design and lifestyle into one app. GreenGlamGo opens the playing field: offering consumers the hippest, under the radar, green, and sustainable designers/brands that may be too undercapitalized to elbow their way into the global retail space, but are no less relevant.
- Flash Lite 4.0 in Web Runtime (WRT)
- Runs on Symbian^3 devices with screen resolution of 360×640 (Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia C7 at the moment)
- MD5 encrypted user validation and authentication
- JSON data transactions, content pulled from greenglamgo.com web server
- Custom WordPress implementation
- All content (web + mobile) managed through single UI
- Custom Google Analytics implementation for mobile and web metrics
- Mobile optimized dynamic image rescaling
- Optimized for latest versions of all commonly used web browsers
- Publish Adobe AIR versions of the app for Android and iPhone
- Same core code for all platforms with platform specific minor tweaks
- Possible to use same code to build iPAD-apps for platforms supporting Adobe AIR
- Develop app for Nokia’s Windows Phone, when available.
GreenGlamGo – Carolyn Gerin is a serial entrepreneur and CEO of Top 100 Bridal Blog Antibride.com, creator of the bestselling 3-book Anti-Bride series published by Chronicle Books, and the first bridal blog to hit the iTunes Store: the Anti-Bride iPhone app. She also serves as Senior Editor of Destination I Do Magazine. Clarissa Nicosia, a fashion industry veteran with over 2000 fashion runway shows and trend presentations under her belt, has brought emerging eco designers and brands in beauty, kidswear, menswear, juniors, RTW, and couture to US consumers. She’s worked with Project Runway designers, Michael Kors, Valentino, Global Green USA, and served as a regional fashion coordinator at Nordstrom. In 2009, in a noisy San Francisco noodle shop, they noodled over how to marry Clarissa’s background in traditional retail and eco fashion with Carolyn’s agency background in art direction, publishing, product development, and technology. On a cocktail napkin, GreenGlamGo was born. They brought their concept to developers Luxus SF, applied for Nokia’s Open Screen Project Fund, and the rest is history. GreenGlamGo is a mobile site, smart phone application, and social platform that aggregates the most creative, under the radar, green, handmade, sustainable designers and retailers, bringing them to a wider audience with curated offerings, engaging content, and the ability for eco-fashionistas to shop ethically and stylishly.
GET THE APP
GreenGlamGo can be downloaded to your Nokia phone by visiting the Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/97688
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebGreenGlamGoMobileApp/NokiaOviStore/prweb5125914.htm