Alltel Customers in Southern New Mexico to Have Access to the Nation’s Fastest Mobile Broadband Network, More Innovative Mobile Devices
ROSWELL, N.M., March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Beginning this past Sunday, more than 90,000 Alltel customers joining AT&T* saw a change as AT&T expanded its service in Southern New Mexico.(1) AT&T has rebranded Alltel to AT&T in Las Cruces and in Chaves, Cibola, Eddy, Grant, Hidalgo, Lee, Lincoln, Luna, and Otero Counties and is introducing AT&T’s exciting lineup of products and services to these customers.
Since its acquisition of the Alltel wireless assets in Southern New Mexico, AT&T has invested significantly to transition the former Alltel network infrastructure to AT&T, with the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network. Now, Alltel customers in Southern New Mexico have access to AT&T’s industry-leading portfolio of mobile devices.
The rebranding effort includes the former Alltel stores at:
- 105 North Rosedale, Silver City, 88061
- 114 A2 Highway 70, Ruidoso, 88345
- 1223 West Pierce Street, Carlsbad, 88220
- 1300 El Paseo Road, Suite A, Las Cruces, 88001
- 1819 North Turner, Hobbs, 88240
- 325 West Main Street, Artesia, 88210
- 4311 North Main Street, Roswell, 88201
- 650 South White Sands Boulevard, Alamogordo, 88310
The rebranding effort also includes AT&T offerings at the following authorized retailers:
- Advance Wireless, 105 West 6th Street, Roswell, 88201
- What’s Up? Wireless locations at:
- 1314 South Canal Street, Carlsbad, 88220
- 922 West Avenue D, Lovington, 88260
- 412 East Bender Boulevard, Hobbs, 88240(4)
- Radio Shack locations at:
- 1401 North Turner, Broadmoor Shopping Center, Hobbs, 88240
- 2360 Highway 180 East, Silver City, 88061
- 2521 South Canal, Suite A, Carlsbad 88220
- 4501 North Main Street, Space 405, Roswell, 88201
- Sam’s Club, 4400 North Main Street, Roswell, 88201
Trained sales consultants are available to demonstrate a wide range of advanced wireless products and services. Shoppers can also test the latest smartphones, quick messaging devices, netbooks and tablets. Customers have the opportunity to learn how to get the most from social networking, manage photos or navigate with GPS on exciting exclusive AT&T devices.
“We’re thrilled to welcome former Alltel customers to the AT&T community, and we’re confident that they will enjoy a fantastic wireless experience with AT&T,” said Chris Percy vice president and general manager for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets in the Desert Southwest Region. “We’ve been working nonstop to upgrade the Alltel network, and today we’re proud that customers in this area have access to the fastest mobile broadband network and a wireless network that covers 97 percent of all Americans as well as offers the best international coverage of any U.S. wireless provider — with voice service in more than 220 countries and data service in 200 countries.”
Former Alltel consumer wireless customers in this area have the option to receive a brand new AT&T 3G handset, comparable to their existing device, at no additional cost.(2) The vast majority of customers choosing free comparable devices are able to keep their existing rate plans, with no additional time commitment required.
Customers also have the opportunity to upgrade their devices for an additional fee and with a new two-year contract, with current AT&T rates and associated data plan. In addition to the benefits for all former Alltel customers joining AT&T in Southern New Mexico, customers choosing an AT&T rate plan will also enjoy A-List with RolloverÃ‚®, exclusive to AT&T, which offers unlimited calling to up to 10 additional numbers on any network and allows customers to keep their unused Anytime Minutes for up to 12 months.(3)
Customers with questions about the transition process may visit www.att.com/alltel, call (800) 331 0500 or speak with a sales representative at a local retail location.
(1) AT&T is expanding its service in Southern New Mexico as a result of its acquisition of wireless assets from Verizon Wireless on June 22, 2010. AT&T continues to expect to launch service to former Alltel subscribers in the remainder of New Mexico in early 2011.
(2) Applies only to postpaid customers with a contract. Customers with laptop cards and netbooks may not have a choice of devices, but they are eligible for a comparable new device at no additional charge.
(3) A-List is available only with Individual plans $59.99 and over per month and FamilyTalk plan $89.99 or over per month. Other terms and conditions apply. Unused Rollover Minutes expire after the 12th billing period of the month minutes have been accumulated. Night and Weekend and Mobile to Mobile Minutes not included.
(4) The What’s Up? Wireless location in Hobbs will relocate to 1710 W Joe Harvey Blvd, Suite F&G, Hobbs, NM 88240 by May 2011.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseÃ‚® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
Ã‚© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.