See Who’s Calling – ICAP Ocean Tomo to Auction IP for Personalized Caller Information & Advanced Call-Back Features
CHICAGO, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Available at ICAP Ocean Tomo’s Spring 2011 Live IP Auction March 31st in New York City, this patent portfolio discloses technology relating to personalized caller information and advanced call-back features for communication devices.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent lot discloses the following:
- The object of the invention is a method and a system which allows an outbound caller to offer personalized audiovisual information (e.g., ringtone and photo) for the use of the receiver(s) on their device.
- Recipient then views the audiovisual information from the caller as a personalized and specific introduction.
- By storing and transmitting the audiovisual information at the caller’s end, the invention reduces the requirement for recipients to create a catalog for stored contacts, and provides a means for recipients to differentiate between callers from the same stored number. Furthermore it provides the calling party the use of very specific, individualized content.
- The patent also covers other applications, including sending additional information and/or services instead of an audiovisual introduction, for direct or later use. These can be stored on the device itself or in a server environment.
With comprehensive coverage across Europe, this lot should be of interest to device manufacturers, wireless system operators, mobile operating system developers, or any other entity wishing to enter this fast-growing field.
- The mobile telephone market in Europe was estimated at $25.7 billion in 2009. It is expected to grow to $33.4 billion by 2014.(1)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world’s premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
(1) “Mobile Phones in Europe,” DataMonitor Industry Profile, October 2010
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo