The Neat Company Enhances NeatWorksÂ® for Mac with Release of Version 3.5 — Just in Time for Tax Season
PHILADELPHIA, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The NeatÃ‚® Company, developers of user-friendly scanning software and hardware for Macs and PCs, today announced that the latest version of their NeatWorksÃ‚® software–NeatWorks for Mac v3.5–is available for purchase and upgrade. The free upgrade is applicable to all NeatReceiptsÃ‚® for Mac and NeatDeskÃ‚® for Mac customers.
“We value our Mac customers–their observations, opinions and feedback help us continuously improve our software,” explains Kevin Garton, Chief Marketing Officer at The Neat Company. “There was a significant need in the Mac market for an extensive solution that could aid customers year-round, as well as during tax time. The latest version of NeatWorks for Mac allows our customers to create tax reports that speed up and simplify their tax preparation.”
NeatWorks for Mac v3.5 features:
- New tax report function enables users to roll-up tax deductible expenses by category
- Strengthened exporting capabilities allow users to send data directly to Turbo TaxÃ‚®, ExcelÃ‚® and Numbers
- Increased optical character recognition (OCR) and parsing accuracy reduces data entry and enhances reliability
- Expanded support for third party scanners allows for compatibility with the latest Fujitsu ScanSnap scanners and HP and Canon’s leading scanners
- Performance optimizations reduce folder loading and image processing times
- Mac computer with an IntelÃ‚® processor
- 1 GB of RAM; 3 GB recommended
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- 256 MB of available disk space for installation; 1 GB recommended for user data
- CD-ROM or DVD drive required for installation
- Available USB port
The Neat Company’s solutions can be purchased online at Neatco.com, as well as Apple.com and Amazon.com. They are also available at brick and mortar retailers, such as OfficeMax, Staples and Office Depot.
About The Neat Company:
The NeatÃ‚® Company has created a new way for small businesses and consumers to transform paper documents into digital information. We manufacture and market a unique combination of software and hardware scanning solutions. These solutions employ optical character recognition (OCR) and patented parsing technology to read information on receipts, business cards and documents–extracting data from paper so it can be used to easily create expense reports, complete tax forms, populate contact databases and track spending.
The Neat Company also enables our customers to build their own digital filing cabinet. This creates one centralized location where they can go to organize, find and share all of their important paper documents and electronic files.
Founded in 2002, The Neat Company is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pa. For more information, please visit www.neatco.com.
(215) 867-8600 x250
SOURCE The Neat Company