ICAP Ocean Tomo Announces Auction of High Performance, Low Cost Integrated Circuits Embedded with Non-Volatile Programmable Memory
CHICAGO, March 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Developed by Jonker LLC and represented by ICAP Ocean Tomo, this patent portfolio will be available for sale at the upcoming ICAP Ocean Tomo Spring 2011 Live IP Auction, March 31st in New York.
With pursuit of System-on-a-Chip (SOC) silicon integrated circuit technology, one of the most sought-after features in CMOS Logic and Mixed Mode Process integration is the ability to implement embedded non-volatile memory (NVM) devices at very low cost. In the fast-growing Power Management IC applications, embedded NVM has become the single most important product differentiation element for enhanced features. A truly zero-cost embedded NVM has long been considered the ultimate in silicon process integration. This may be it.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
The patents in this lot disclose the following:
- A new basic non-volatile memory (NVM) cell structure for a one-time programmable (OTP) and multiple time programmable (MTP) memory.
- The structure can be embedded into complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) processes (logic only or mixed signal process) with zero additional cost.
- Current NVM solutions in this range of capacities (typically below 1MB) are either inferior or not cost competitive.
- This IP will provide an IC maker with a comprehensive and pioneering portfolio on an OTP/MTP cell architecture that delivers design freedom and significant licensing leverage.
- This process includes integration of high voltage components, to permit the latter to store data such as executable code, encryption codes, security IDs, configuration data, trim settings, user codes, and other customized customer/field parameters.
This portfolio should be of interest to entities involved in the design and manufacture of semiconductor devices, integrated electronic circuits, and consumer electronic products. Market size relevant to this IP is expected to grow very rapidly.
- The global semiconductor market was estimated to be $258.7 billion in 2010.(1)
- Sales of power management and other controllers are projected to vastly outperform pure digital ICs in the coming years. Global revenue from power management semiconductors is expected to nearly double in the coming years, rising to $40.8 billion in 2014.(2)
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Dean Becker of ICAP Ocean Tomo at Dean.Becker@us.icap.com
About ICAP Ocean Tomo LLC
ICAP Ocean Tomo is the intellectual property brokerage division of ICAP and the world’s premier patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world’s premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Ocean Tomo