Breakthrough Glide Browser Toolbar Dynamically Links Desktop and Cloud Services; Supports Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari; Free 30GB Glide GDrive
NEW YORK, April 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Today Glide http://www.GlideLife.com launched new browser toolbars for the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari browsers. Glide makes it possible to control and manage your personal hard drives, cloud storage, applications and web services directly from your browser toolbar. Glide Browser Plugins are available for installation now at: http://www.glidelife.com/plugin_download.html.
Glide effectively attaches a cloud operating system, productivity and collaboration applications, file synchronization and web capture and conversion tools to your browser toolbar. In this way, Glide services are always available when searching the web, social networking, storing and editing your files in the cloud and syncing with your desktop(s).
Glide makes it possible to automatically convert web content into personal files and personal files into web content. You can:
- Browse web content and personal files through one user interface;
- Capture and convert web content into personal files;
- Edit and publish personal files to Twitter, Facebook and Glide Engage;
- Collaboratively share and edit personal files and web content with version control and file tracking;
- Share files across devices and platforms with Glide’s automated device identification and file translation for over 250 file formats;
- Protect your files with granular permissions based access rights; and
- Monitor views, downloads, modifications and uploads of files.
“Glide expands the browser’s primary function from web browsing to a way station between your hard drive(s) and the cloud,” said TransMedia Chairman and CEO, Donald Leka. “Glide serves as a cloud hub making it easier to move personal files to the cloud and web content to the desktop and conduct all of your business securely – directly from your browser toolbar.”
Glide provides cross platform compatibility for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, Android Honeycomb, BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry Tablet OS (QNX), iOS, webOS, Symbian and Windows Mobile users based on automated device identification and file transcoding.