Allied Telesis to Demonstrate ‘Must-See’ Capabilities of Network in Cross-Market Applications at Interop Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — 2011 Interop IT Conference and Expo; Booth #1069 — At the 2011 Interop IT Conference and Expo being held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Allied Telesis will be demonstrating cutting-edge IP Ethernet solutions for IP video security and surveillance, mesh wireless networking, medical point-of-care and digital signage applications. Allied Telesis, a global provider of secure IP/Ethernet switching solutions and an industry leader in the deployment of IP Triple Play networks, is collaborating with its best-in-class technology partners to show working demonstrations of leading-edge IT network applications and how they connect to the cloud.
Enterprises utilize Allied Telesis IP networks to achieve greater integration and efficiencies for better alignment with their employees, customers and partners, while service providers leverage Allied Telesis IP networks and cloud services to enable the delivery of innovative network-based product offerings to the market. Both enterprises and service providers adopt Allied Telesis switches due to their high reliability and competitive pricing, from the edge of the network all the way to the core, including in the data center.
One demonstration highlights how mesh networking can be leveraged to power high-resolution IP-based digital cameras in security and video surveillance applications. Another shows how Allied Telesis powers advanced digital signage offerings incorporating a video camera to perform wide-ranging analytics using facial recognition and viewer-capturing technology. A third demonstration will feature a virtual bedside point-of-care, interactive touch screen terminal integrating Triple Play entertainment services and clinician information for patient care.
Each demonstration is being networked via Allied Telesis switching solutions, featuring the use of Power over Ethernet (PoE), Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet on a Layer 2 and 3 resilient network architecture. With this, the Company is highlighting its innovative SwitchBladeÃ‚® x908 switch to provide Ethernet Protection Switching Ring (EPSR(TM)) 10 Gigabit network redundancy, including VCS(TM) virtual stacking along with Link Aggregation (LAG) for campus and backbone applications. The Company will also profile advanced switching platforms, featuring x600 Series advanced layer 3 Gigabit stackable Edge switches, the SwitchBladeÃ‚® x3112 switch platform and the 9000 Series and 8100 Series switches.
“Allied Telesis IP/Ethernet switching solutions play a vital role in enabling delivery of IP video, security, digital signage and other vertical market-specific applications that are in increasing demand by the healthcare, education, transportation, government and retail markets, among others,” noted Eric Floyd, Allied Telesis senior vice president of marketing for the Americas region. “Our partners are helping us deliver value-added solutions to the key markets we serve via the delivery of compelling applications that leverage our robust and cost-effective network solutions.”
The technology partners participating in the working demonstrations include:
- Axis Communications: As the world leader in IP video surveillance cameras, Axis partners with Allied Telesis to provide complete video security solutions utilizing integrated video functionality in Allied Telesis switches to deliver streaming as well as multicast video networking capabilities. Allied Telesis supports 802.3af and 802.3at standards in its PoE products, enabling support for both fixed and pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras without the need for a local power source.
- Milestone Systems: Milestone Systems is a world leader in IP security management systems providing comprehensive control and operations for IP security and surveillance networks. As both an Axis and Allied Telesis solutions partner, Milestone is demonstrating the role its advanced management capabilities play in IP video security networks.
- Firetide: Firetide is a leading supplier of high-performance mesh wireless networks for municipal and industrial applications. Firetide’s support for multi-service mesh networking is ideally suited for secure connectivity to IP video surveillance cameras in both outdoor and indoor applications. Firetide, in partnership with Axis and Allied Telesis, will demonstrate the use of mesh wireless access points in an IP video security application.
- Lincor Systems: Lincor MEDIVista offers an innovative approach to next-generation patient care, providing an encrypted, server-based back office and terminal system for bedside-point-of care. Lincor enables patients to purchase IP phone, Internet and IPTV entertainment services, and also enables clinicians to access patient records, vital signs and perform prescription ordering from the same terminals. Allied Telesis Triple Play multi-services platforms and secure Ethernet switches provide the connectivity and convergence to enable the use of medical and entertainment services.
- 121View: 121View digital signage technology provides efficient, interactive messaging solutions for a wide range of markets and applications. 121View’s comprehensive back-office solution uses webcam imaging for gender classification, along with viewing and traffic-pattern analysis. Allied Telesis scalable Fast Ethernet switching solutions are tailored to allow the use of digital signage in education, transportation medical, and other market sectors.
Allied Telesis will also highlight its professional services capabilities–network design and staging services. The Company offers a broad range of design, engineering, consulting, solutions-specific training and maintenance options to enable cost-effective and efficient implementation of large-scale networks and converged services solutions.
About Allied Telesis
For more than 20 years, Allied Telesis has been a leading provider of networking infrastructure. Today the Company enables delivery of data, voice, and video services to a variety of clients globally. Allied Telesis is committed to innovating the way in which services and applications are delivered and managed, resulting in increased value and lower operating costs. Visit us online at: alliedtelesis.com.
For more information contact:
Ruder Finn for Allied Telesis
Phone: (212) 715-1613
SOURCE Allied Telesis