PrivacyStar Announces SMS ID and Directory Assistance for Android
CONWAY, Ark., May 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — PrivacyStar, a smartphone application for Android and BlackBerry that provides users with complete control of their smartphones, today announces the addition of SMS ID and Directory Assistance (Beta) in direct response to customer requests. PrivacyStar users have blocked over 120 million numbers and filed over 150,000 complaints directly to the Federal Trade Commission. PrivacyStar and its new features are available to download on the Android Market.
“More and more consumers are receiving text messages from numbers that are not in their address book and are forced to figure out the sender based solely on the content, but PrivacyStar has solved that problem for our subscribers,” said Jeff Stalnaker, CEO of PrivacyStar. “Additionally, PrivacyStar subscribers can utilize the Directory Assistance feature to easily locate places and map directions from wherever they may be at that moment. The PrivacyStar Directory Assistance is unique compared to others because it does not track your location or activity and sell it to marketers.”
From the home page of the PrivacyStar Android app, simply select SMS look-up and then the text message that needs the sender information. PrivacyStar then returns the name associated with the anonymous number and users have the ability to add it to their Privacy List or to contacts for future use. Additionally, users can block further text messages by using the PrivacyStar settings option to block phone calls and text messages from that number.
Subscribers also now have access to a voice activated Directory Assistance feature that provides business and individual phone numbers along with a mapping functionality. Users simply speak or type the number they are trying to find and PrivacyStar will display the name associated and map the location of the business or individual.
In addition to SMS ID and Directory Assistance, PrivacyStar offers the following capabilities focused on allowing users to take control of their smartphone:
PrivacyStar Features and Benefits
- SMS ID (NEW) -Upon receiving a text message from an unknown sender, select SMS look-up from the PrivacyStar home page and the message that needs to be identified then take appropriate action, such as blocking the number.
- Directory Assistance (NEW) – Users speak or type the name of a business or individual they are looking to find and PrivacyStar will identify and map the location.
- Call Blocking – Block individual numbers, entire area codes, all private or unknown numbers and wildcard characters.
- SMS Text Message Blocking – Block SMS text messages.
- Caller ID – While the phone is ringing, PrivacyStar displays the name of the calling party.
- Caller Lookup – Identify unknown callers by name and take appropriate action, such as adding to the contacts list or Privacy List.
- SmartBlock – Employs crowdsourced data from PrivacyStar users to automatically block the most blocked numbers as determined by the entire user population.
- Do Not Disturb – Forwards all non blocked incoming calls to voicemail and sends a custom text message acknowledging the call.
- Report Potential Telemarketing and Debt Collection Violations – Upon the user’s request, PrivacyStar captures detailed information about possible violations including date, time, number and identity. PrivacyStar allows users to easily provide this information to law enforcement authorities so they may take action.
- Web Portal – Fully integrated personal web portal to manage the PrivacyStar account, block and unblock callers, and perform number look-ups. The portal also provides additional details on violations.
- Future Proof – Easily transfer PrivacyStar user information from one device to another such as to a new smartphone.
Pricing and Availability
The PrivacyStar feature set for Android and BlackBerry smartphones is available for a no risk, free 7-day trial period. For continued service, PrivacyStar is available for $2.99 (USD) per month or for discounted semi-annual and annual periods. Consumers can easily add PrivacyStar to their monthly mobile phone bill from most of the major mobile phone providers. PrivacyStar is available at BlackBerry App World, Android Market and http://www.privacystar.com.
PrivacyStar delivers the only network-based privacy and preference service to wireline, wireless, VoIP users and smartphones. First Orion Corp., makers of PrivacyStar, has patented numerous privacy and preference solutions and is based in Conway, Arkansas. The company provides consumers the best in phone privacy solutions.
PrivacyStar is a registered trademark of First Orion Corp. All registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
Forty Three, Inc.