SlimCleaner Takes #1 Download Spot in its First Week
D’IBERVILLE, Miss., June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — In its first week on the market, SlimCleaner, the free software that uses community feedback to clean and improve PCs, captured the #1 spot in its category, Maintenance & Optimization, on the CNET Download.com Website. SlimCleaner reached the top spot in the first full week after its market launch on May 25.
Free for download at www.slimcleaner.com, SlimCleaner uses social networking and community feedback to help consumers speed up, clean and optimize their personal computers. SlimCleaner combines the industry’s fastest PC cleaning engine with a stream of user-generated data to provide all the essential tools for making a consumer’s PC run more efficiently.
For the week ending June 4, SlimCleaner had 26,642 downloads on Download.com in the category of Maintenance & Optimization, more than 3,900 ahead of its nearest competitor.
“Reaching the top download spot in our first week shows how much pent-up demand has existed for a fast, comprehensive PC cleaning tool that allows users to share information and make recommendations,” said Chris Cope, CEO of SlimWare Utilities. “SlimCleaner removes the anxiety consumers feel from not knowing what’s bogging down their PCs. We provide a one-stop solution and interactive, community-based feedback to help consumers make personalized decisions about how to improve their PC.”
Cloud-based and crowd-sourced, SlimCleaner lets consumers:
- Clean, optimize and maintain their PCs safely with the fastest cleaning engine on the market.
- View descriptions for items that are on their PC, see what the community thinks of those items and whether or not the community finds them useful.
- Provide their own ratings, comments and reviews for items and applications on their PC.
- Access multiple antivirus scanners running in the cloud.
Additional features include:
- “More Info” Dialogs: Dialog boxes that give detailed information about what an item on a PC does and how the community views it, including peer reviews, “what should I do?” and comments from other users.
- Granular Controls: Adjustable filters let users identify unneeded software and startups in seconds.
- Badges: In addition to a personalized Wall, registered users earn badges and rewards based on various factors, such as accuracy of their ratings. The Wall contains users’ personal profiles, ratings’ history, comments and trust network – whom they trust and who trusts them.
- Uninstaller: The first community-powered uninstaller with access to SlimWare Utilities’ community feedback, reviews and comments.
For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
The Website CNET Download.com is a comprehensive source of free-to-try software on the Web. SlimCleaner’s ranking in the Maintenance & Optimization software category can be seen here:
About SlimWare Utilities
SlimWare Utilities automates the solutions to the world’s computer problems. Our products use cloud technology and community feedback to develop software and services that clean, speed up and optimize personal computers. By providing products that improve PC performance, establish connections and increase efficiencies among consumers’ Internet devices, SlimWare Utilities enhances how consumers manage and interact with their data – whether on their PC, tablet or mobile device. SlimWare Utilities products organize data and establish smoother, faster compatibility between operating systems and devices to help make all of a consumer’s computer functions run better, faster and more effectively. Headquartered near Biloxi, Mississippi, SlimWare Utilities’ cloud-based, crowd-sourced software provides consumers with personalized applications developed from the community input of IT users everywhere. For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
SOURCE SlimWare Utilities