iCharts Announces New SEO-Friendly Service Aimed at Dramatically Increasing the Flow of Visual Data Online
Free Online Consumer Service and API Enable Easy and Affordable Interactive Chart Creation and Distribution
iCharts (http://www.icharts.net), a Software as a Service (SaaS) company that is empowering the world to explore and share visual data, today announced a free online service for consumers that enables the creation and social sharing of interactive charts.
Sunnyvale, Calif. (PRWEB) June 09, 2011
iCharts (http://www.icharts.net), a Software as a Service (SaaS) company that is empowering the world to explore and share visual data, today announced a free online service for consumers that enables the creation and social sharing of interactive charts. In addition, iCharts announced a free API to connect data owners to the iCharts online service for online chart creation and distribution.
The new iCharts service and API enables data owners, such as market research firms, government agencies, universities, industry associations, and virtually any organization with large data sets, to quickly and easily share visual insights with consumers of data, including business professionals, journalists/bloggers, students and academics, via interactive charts and reports.
“We are solving a real world problem by empowering people to easily explore and share visual data online,” said iCharts Founder and CEO Seymour Duncker. “We are the only company with a robust platform that makes it fast, simple and cost-effective to produce online interactive charts with zero programming, and to make it simple to share them in an SEO-friendly way.”
iCharts Online Service
The iCharts free online service includes the iCharts clipping capability, iCharts Studio for easy drag-and-drop chart creation and the iCharts Gallery for storing and organizing unlimited charts. Key features include:
- Clip This Chart: Allows users to clip interesting charts for private storage in their free iCharts account and for sharing online. Users can also download the chart image in any standard document such as PowerPoint or Microsoft Word. An iCharts free account allows unlimited clipping and storage of public charts.
- iCharts Gallery: Each iCharts account has a Gallery where users can clip, store, organize and share their charts.
- iCharts Studio: Users can create interactive charts online in minutes with zero programming. iCharts Studio lets users easily drag and drop data into iCharts templates using data from Excel or Google spreadsheets or from any data source using the iCharts free API.
- Publish: Users can click the “Publish” button to generate the embed code that can be used to generate a public page where others can find their charts, or they can use the embed code on their own website or blog.
- Flexible Formatting: iCharts Studio includes pre-selected chart templates and allows flexible formatting of fonts, colors and other visual charting elements including comments and annotations.
- Built-in SEO: All iCharts-published charts are automatically SEO-friendly, so search engines can find the metadata in each published chart. Publishing data online using iCharts boosts SEO value dramatically.
- Automatic Updating of Data: Publish data online using iCharts, and when you change the data, your chart will be updated automatically””whenever users refresh their screens.
Organizations with big public data sets can use the iCharts free API to connect their data to the iCharts Chart Creation and Distribution service. When data is updated in the database, iCharts will find the data and update the chart when online pages are refreshed wherever the charts are embedded.
“Eliminating the programming bottleneck to getting data out to the public in a visual and interactive format will open the floodgates for data insights and discoveries,” said Duncker. “Our goal is to enable the open data community to create Data API connectors and allow anyone to create and share insights.
“We are proud that iCharts is a member of our ecosystem. We evaluate companies on three parameters ““ business model, IP value, and leadership team, and based on this, iCharts was selected as our hottest company in May,” said Saeed Amidi, CEO and Founder of Plug and Play Tech Center, a high tech accelerator in Sunnyvale.
iCharts provides an easy and affordable online service for interactive chart creation and social sharing. iCharts SaaS offerings range from free consumer subscriptions to high-end business subscriptions. Founded in 2008, iCharts has become the leading chart processing, creation and distribution platform for business customers that include Fortune 500 companies and the market research firms that serve them. iCharts is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has offices in Munich, Germany and Pune, India. For more information, please visit http://www.iCharts.net.
# # #
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/6/prweb8554852.htm