BTI Systems Introduces All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution
SINGAPORE, June 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — BTI Systems today introduced the All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution, the first integrated mobile backhaul solution designed to meet the need of widespread 3G & 4G deployments in metro and regional networks. An extension of BTI Systems core focus on metro network services infrastructure, the All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution is based on Carrier Ethernet, which ensures the scalable capacity to address growing tower bandwidth requirements. Today, BTI Systems works with more than 300 service providers that own unique fiber assets and deliver backhaul network infrastructure to support 3G/4G wireless businesses throughout the globe in North America, Europe and Asia.
“Our wireless backhaul business is growing rapidly, driven by the adoption of advanced mobile broadband technology and consumers thirst for applications and video,” said Fahim Sheikh, VP of APAC Sales, BTI Systems. “BTI Systems fiber-based network operators are continuing to scale backhaul for mobile services. Working alongside our partners, BTI Systems is already providing backhaul services to major mobile and WiMax operators within Malaysia and Singapore.”
It is no secret that access to data and video services on mobile platforms are growing at an exponential rate and mobile operators are required to find a way to manage growth and stave off network congestion. The All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution is an end-to-end offering – from the tower to the mobile switching center – integrated from the access, aggregation and core, providing service providers with a scalable, flexible and powerful solution.
The All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution addresses network voice, data and management with its “one pipe to the tower” approach. It includes the security, prioritization capabilities and protection strategies to allow various traffic types and multiple wireless operators to transit the same packet connection.
Backhaul providers have also struggled to find a complete solution that makes economic sense. With its rich QoS capabilities, integrated T1/E1 support, low latency, coupled with end-to-end performance monitoring, the All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution provides backhaul operators with the highest level of availability and end-to-end SLA measurement and visibility across both the packet and optical layers.
With the release of its agile All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution, BTI introduces the following enhanced capabilities, taken together, all of which extend beyond the capabilities of current backhaul solutions:
- All-Packet, Carrier Ethernet Solution – Provides the scalability, security and service prioritization to mirror “private line” connectivity within a shared packet access, aggregation and core network.
- High Availability Access, Aggregation and Core - Resilient fiber ring protection with G.8032 ERPS plus support for duplicate tower, ring interconnect and MSC feeds with cross-module Link Aggregation (LAG) providing complete equipment redundancy, typically required by Mobile Operators.
- Simple, Rapid Service Provisioning – Delivered via the proNX Service Manager, point-and-click network and service management tools, ensuring rapid scaling across access, aggregation and core.
- SLA Performance Monitoring- Utilizing Y.1731 Ethernet OAM visibility end-to-end through a portal-based management and reporting solution, enabling backhaul operators to meet mobile providers stringent requirements on SLA performance.
- No Headend NID’s Required – BTI Systems’ hardware-based Flow Processing Engine in the packet optical core allows embedded processing of Y.1731 messages removing the need for stacks of NID’s typically found at network headends for a more simplified, flexible and cost efficient service deployment.
- T1/E1 Migration – Full support for T1/E1 connectivity enabling a graceful migration to an all-packet based metro or regional backhaul network using circuit emulation on-ramps.
- Clock Synchronization Transparency – Fully transparent, low-latency delivery of single and multi-clock synchronization throughout the network.
“BTI Systems’ focus has always been on providing metro service delivery solutions for our fiber-based service provider customers,” said Glenn Thurston, VP of Global Marketing, BTI Systems. “The All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution supports both native 4G builds and also helps providers gracefully evolve from 2G TDM backhaul networks to a scalable, fiber-based all-packet network which is a must to meet the massive growth required for 3G & 4G mobile broadband.”
BTI Systems will be conducting live demonstrations of its All-Packet Mobile Backhaul Solution during CommunicAsia, June 21-24, 2011, at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore at booth B-J2-05 located in the Canadian Ontario Pavilion.
About BTI Systems
BTI Systems redefines service delivery with its packet-optical service platforms that help over 300 service provider and enterprise customers converge, transition and connect Ethernet, video and wireless data services in their metropolitan networks. The BTI Systems portfolio consists of the BTI 7000 Series packet optical networking platform, WideCast Content Aware Networking solutions, the BTI 700 Series Carrier Ethernet access portfolio, and the proNX Management Suite offering element, network, service management and strategic planning capabilities. BTI Systems is headquartered in the heart of Ottawa’s technology corridor and has regional offices in markets throughout the world. For more information, visit www.btisystems.com.
SOURCE BTI Systems