Standard Process Inc.Grants $36,000 in Scholarships to Next Generation of Health Care Professionals
Recipients received scholarships through seven different institutions
Palmyra, WI (PRWEB) June 27, 2011
Through the first half of 2011, whole food supplement manufacturer Standard Process Inc. has awarded $36,000 in scholarships to 12 students. The scholarship winners represent seven different colleges, universities and associations that are focused on educating the next generation of health care professionals.
Standard Process partners with colleges and universities across the country to develop curricula focused on whole food nutrition. “Standard Process believes education is a key solution to our country’s health care problems,” says Mary Beth Larsen, D.C., manager of the company’s Chiropractic Relations department. “By teaching today’s students the role that nutrition plays in achieving and maintaining health and wellbeing, we believe they will be able to begin guiding patients to healthier lifestyle and diet choices as soon as they open up their practice.”
To further encourage students to study whole food nutrition while pursuing their degrees in alternative health care, Standard Process offers scholarships. Each scholarship program is uniquely designed to meet the criteria of a partnering school or association.
The following students have recently received scholarships from Standard Process:
- Amanda Halstead, Life Chiropractic College West ““ $10,000
- Carolyn Maxfield, Logan College of Chiropractic ““ $2,000
- Kelvin Witt, National University of Health Sciences ““ $2,000
- Jonathan L. Otten, National University of Health Sciences ““ $1,000
- Melissa Bartoszewski, New York Chiropractic College ““ $2,000
- Miaken Zeigler, Northwestern Health Sciences University ““ $2,500
- Hans Thurmer, Northwestern Health Sciences University ““ $2,500
- Dan Sullins, Parker College of Chiropractic ““ $2,000
- Vanessa Morales, Parker College of Chiropractic ““ $2,000
- Casey Bullock, Student American Chiropractic Association/National Chiropractic Legislative Conference ““ $2,500
- Jessica Tallman, Student American Chiropractic Association/National Chiropractic Legislative Conference ““ $2,500
- Eric Roseen, Student American Chiropractic Association/National Chiropractic Legislative Conference ““ $2,500
- Hans Thurmer, Student American Chiropractic Association/National Chiropractic Legislative Conference ““ $2,500
Furthermore, Standard Process recognizes practicing health care professionals who have made a commitment in their practice to provide nutritional education and counseling for their patients. So far in 2011, Standard Process has honored Aaron Morland, D.C. Morland received $1,250 from Standard Process for use in his clinic and his alma mater, Northwestern Health Sciences University, also received $1,250 in his honor from Standard Process.
For additional information about Standard Process’ scholarship programs, contact Chiropractic Relations at Standard Process by calling (800) 848-5061.
About Standard Process Inc.
For more than 80 years, Standard Process, headquartered in Palmyra, Wis., has provided health care professionals with high-quality, nutritional whole food supplements. Standard Process offers more than 300 products through three product lines: Standard Process whole food supplements, Standard Process Veterinary Formulas and MediHerb herbal supplements. The products are available only through health care professionals.
Standard Process is involved in every step of production. The company grows crops on company-owned, organically certified farmland, utilizes state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and employs the highest quality control standards. Standard Process strictly adheres to the Food and Drug Administration’s good manufacturing practice requirements. Through these measures, Standard Process can ensure that its products are of the utmost quality and potency. Standard Process was recently named a Top 100 Workplace in Southeastern Wisconsin.
For additional information about Standard Process, visit http://www.standardprocess.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebStandardProcess/2011Scholarships/prweb8600572.htm