Cybersecurity Interactive Roadmap Launched by Government Business Council
WASHINGTON, July 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Government Business Council (GBC), the research division of Government Executive Media Group, has launched a month-long video series featuring in-depth interviews with top policy and academic experts on the pressing issue of cybersecurity. The series, entitled “Governing Security in a Networked World,” provides an interactive roadmap detailing how nations, companies and everyday citizens can protect themselves against the threat of cyber terrorism and how the federal government must work with private and public sector partners to secure the nation.
Throughout July, GBC will unveil three new video episodes every two weeks on Nextgov.com, Government Executive Media Group’s technology web site. Each set of videos will feature a different aspect of cybersecurity discussed by selected experts. For more information and to view the episodes, visit: http://www.nextgov.com/governing-security-in-a-networked-world/.
“This series is the first multimedia platform which pulls together top experts speaking on the very latest issues and best practices in fighting cyber terrorism,” said Bryan Klopack, Director of the GBC.
Experts interviewed include:
- President Toomas Hendrik Ilves of Estonia, leader of the nation involved in a 2007 cyber attack and who has addressed the U.N. General Assembly on cybersecurity;
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, chair of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism;
- Frank J. Cilluffo, Director of the Homeland Security Policy Institute at The George Washington University and former White House Homeland Security official;
- Dr. Joseph S. Nye Jr., professor at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and author of “Soft Power: The Means to Success in World Politics” and “The Future of Power”;
- Dr. Kristin M. Lord, Vice President and Director of Studies at the Center for a New American Security and co-editor of “America’s Cyber Future: Security and Prosperity in the Information Age”;
- Dr. John Sheldon, Marshall Institute Fellow and author of “Deciphering Cyberpower: Strategic Purpose in Peace and War” and numerous other works on cybersecurity;
- Dr. Rex Hughes, Visiting Fellow for Cybersecurity at Cambridge University and author of the Chatham House-German Marshall Fund study, “NATO and Global Cyber Defense”;
- Dr. Richard Weitz, Director, Center for Political-Military Analysis at the Hudson Institute in Washington, DC.
“This important series is a perfect example of the role Government Executive Media Group plays in leading the discussion among top influencers on the most pressing issues in federal government,” added Peter Goldstone, President of Government Executive Media Group.
The series can be viewed here: http://www.nextgov.com/governing-security-in-a-networked-world/.
To stay updated on government cybersecurity news, sign up for Nextgov’s IT security newsletter.
About Government Business Council (GBC)
As Government Executive Media Group’s research intelligence division, Government Business Council is dedicated to advancing the business of government through analysis, insight and analytical independence. As an extension of Government Executive‘s 40 years of exemplary editorial standards and a commitment to the highest ethical values, GBC studies influential decision-makers from across the federal government to produce intelligence-based research and analysis.
Government Business Council Contacts:
Erin Dian Dumbacher
Associate Director of Research, Government Business Council
Director, Government Business Council
SOURCE Government Executive Media Group