NIKSUN to Bring Industry Leaders Together to Collaborate on the Ever-Changing Cyber Security and Mobility Landscape
PRINCETON, N.J., July 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — NIKSUNÃ‚®, a world leader in real-time cyber security and network monitoring solutions, today announces NIKSUN’s first World Wide Cyber Security & Mobility Conference (WWSMC) July 25-27, 2011 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Princeton, NJ. The event’s theme is Innovation – the engine to securing critical infrastructure and national security. NIKSUN WWSMC 2011 will provide a dynamic platform for security and mobility professionals to connect and share the latest innovations in cyber security and mobility vision, practice, and technology. Attendees will gain valuable insights in current best practices for defending against the evolving security threats that are making worldwide headlines on a daily basis.
The Honorable Michael Chertoff, former Secretary of Homeland Security; Dr. Parag Pruthi, Founder & CEO of NIKSUN; Prof. Henning Schulzrinee of Columbia University – the “father of Internet telephony”; and Mr. Vimal Solanki, Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy & Intel Office McAfee, Inc., are just a few of the notable speakers at this event. For a full list, visit http://www.niksun.com/speakers.html.
Featuring keynotes and interactive sessions, NIKSUN WWSMC 2011 is geared toward corporate and government security and network management professionals, from executives to technologists. For example, chief security officers can learn about the latest critical infrastructure strategies; computer security incident specialists can watch a live next-generation hack attack scenario and learn how innovative technology is used to remediate a sinister breach; and network operations managers can gather ideas on using NIKSUN to build a resilient, real time and forensic-based network management infrastructure.
“With our focus on innovation and a venue of notable speakers, NIKSUN’s World Wide Cyber Security & Mobility Conference will offer corporate, service provider, and government cyber security and network management professionals a variety of opportunities to learn about best practices, effective advanced threat remediation, and innovative cybersecurity technologies,” said Dr. Parag Pruthi, NIKSUN Founder and CEO. “The recent wave of increasingly sophisticated attacks on Sony, RSA, Citibank, Lockheed Martin and others is a wake-up call for organizations to deploy innovative cyber security solutions to protect their businesses against criminals and malicious insiders.”
In addition to the rich summit program, NIKSUN will offer a post-conference workshop for its global network of partners, customers and prospects on topics such as advanced threat mitigation, protecting critical assets, and improving network performance and operations.
- Secretary Chertoff, who served as US Secretary of Homeland Security under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, will review current thinking at the Presidential level on cyber security threats and ongoing defensive techniques
- Dr. Parag Pruthi, NIKSUN Founder & CEO, will discuss today’s challenges in cyber security and network management, and the compelling need for both real time and forensic analysis to address the evolving threats
- Prof. Henning Schulzrinee of Columbia University, an IEEE Fellow, will discuss various security and mobility issues affecting the current Open Internet debate, including the challenges of severely limited spectrum in most urban areas
- Vimal Solanki, Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy, McAfee, will focus on emerging threats and mitigation techniques, and will discuss how the industry roadmap is evolving to deal with cyber security
- Col. Russ Fellers, who led large global Air Force Network Modernization & Security projects, will talk about what it takes to secure a network of almost a million users scattered throughout the world
- Barry Lyons, Cyber Architect for Northrop Grumman Information Systems, will discuss the prevailing issue of securing “the cloud”, based on a layered cybersecurity defensive technology reference model
- Tyson Macaulay will talk about Bell Canada’s use of Threat Intelligence for proactive network security, via state-of-the-art and upcoming novel techniques
- Dr. Peter R. Stephenson will conduct a live “attack and defend” session, as he often conducts for the US Armed Forces
- Prof. Dipankar Raychaudhury, director of WINLAB and an IEEE fellow, will highlight a robust and trustworthy mobility-centric architecture for the Future Internet
- Dr. Anand Prasad, senior expert of NEC, Japan will focus on the 3GPP-based security standards for SAE/LTE networks
- Prof. R. Chandramouli of Stevens Institute of Technology will discuss the current and future technology issues in realizing Dynamic Spectrum Access (DSA) wireless networking
For more details on the NIKSUN Cyber Security & Mobility Conference 2011 and to register for the event, please visit http://www.niksun.com/wwsmc-home.html.
About NIKSUN, Inc.
NIKSUN is the recognized worldwide leader in making the Unknown Known. The company develops a highly scalable array of real time and forensics-based cyber security and performance management solutions for large enterprises, government & intelligence agencies, service providers and financial services companies. NIKSUN’s award winning enterprise solutions deliver unprecedented flexibility and packet capture power. The company’s patented real-time analysis and recording technology is the industry’s most comprehensive solution for secure and reliable network infrastructure and services. NIKSUN, headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, has sales offices and distributors throughout the US, Europe, the Mid East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.niksun.com.
NIKSUN, NetDetector and NetVCR are either registered trademarks or trademarks of NIKSUN, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE NIKSUN, Inc.