Wanova Issued Groundbreaking Patent in Desktop Virtualization
Patented architecture provides centralized single image management via unique layering technology while enabling local PC execution.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) July 26, 2011
Wanova Inc, a turnkey desktop cloud provider, today announced the issuance of its first of several pending patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The patent secures the architecture of centralized, single image management of a primary copy of each PC image within an organization’s network, via Wanova’s unique layering technology; enabling a local copy of the image to run on an endpoint, with constant and optimized synchronization between the two images.
Wanova’s Mirage centralizes full PC images in a network, similar to VDI but also enables a copy of an image to run locally on a laptop, so users can take advantage of the native performance of a PC — including the ability to run multimedia applications and work while disconnected from the network.
Centralization also enables back-up of the entire end-point image, giving the user the ability to restore an exact image in minutes, even down to personal applications, personal files and operating system personalization.
Furthermore, by leveraging “self-caching” technology, the need for a hypervisor at the endpoint is eliminated, making the solution universally applicable and easily deployable on any standard client hardware.
“This patent is a powerful complement to Mirage and another proof point that Wanova is developing the most comprehensive platform for the centralized management of PCs,” said Issy Ben-Shaul, CTO of Wanova. We believe that the combination of centralization, single image management and layering, coupled with optimized local execution, addresses the way service providers and the enterprise will want to manage and protect desktops in the future. This new patent protects our method of centrally managing shared, corporate PC images while still providing all the features that make a PC personal.”
Other key elements of the technology include:
- Centralized copies of complete individual desktop images are decoupled into 3 layers: shared base-image, user state and machine state (including user-installed applications);
- Shared base-images can be managed and restored independently of the user- and machine-state layers;
- Distributed, cached copies of the images that execute locally on the physical devices;
- Bi-directional optimized synchronization between the distributed cached-copies and the centralized copies, as well as optimized delivery of a desktop over WAN for restore purposes;
- “Re-basing” to accommodate a hardware refresh and to provide access the same PC from several different end points;
- Virtual machine access to the image allowing for the ability to run a desktop centrally or remotely, as well as physically or virtually.
About Wanova Inc.
Wanova Inc., provides turnkey cloud desktop software that dramatically simplifies desktop management, end user support, and desktop continuity, especially for distributed and mobile PCs. Wanova MirageÃ¢“¢ software centralizes the full contents of each desktop in the data center for management and data protection purposes, distributes execution to the endpoint for superior user experience, and optimizes data transfer in between. Wanova’s unique architecture enables companies to reduce desktop TCO while dramatically improving IT operations and users’ productivity. Wanova is privately held and headquartered in San Jose, California, with a development center in Netanya, Israel. For more information please visit, http://www.wanova.com.
The statements above are for general information and are not intended to limit or define the legal scope of any patent or claim.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/7/prweb8670222.htm