International Test Conference to Take Place in Anaheim, CA, Sept. 18-23, 2011
WASHINGTON, Aug. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The 42nd International Test Conference, to be held at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California, Sept. 18-23, will focus on leading-edge solutions and latest thinking in the electronics test technology industry. Sponsored by the IEEE Philadelphia Section and the IEEE Computer Society, and in alliance with the Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA), ITC highlights advances and emerging technologies that address the practical challenges of the test industry. Among the industry’s leading companies, this year’s corporate supporters–OptimalTest (Diamond level), Advantest and Mentor Graphics (Platinum level), and Asset and Cadence (Silver level)–enthusiastically endorse the collegial, problem-solving and forward-looking ITC environment. ITC’s Advance Program and online registration are now available at www.itctestweek.org.
Overview: A Range of Practically-focused Educational and Technical Offerings
The focal point of Test Week, ITC is known around the world for its robust technical dialog. Over the course of the six-day event, respected researchers, academics and industry experts present the results of their work and applied knowledge on a variety of topics for test and design engineers and practitioners. The 2011 ITC program includes workshops, formal paper presentations, tutorials, panel discussions, “poster” presentations of applied emerging methodologies, advanced industrial practices sessions, exhibits, professional organizations’ special interest meetings and a partner-conference track. Highlights of Test Week include the following events.
- On September 18 and 19, Test Week opens with 12 full-day tutorials covering diverse topics from industry and academia. We will also be repeating the successful test clinic introduced in 2010 for students and newcomers to the test industry, and will introduce a Disney Institute training clinic. All tutorials qualify for credit toward IEEE Test Technology Technical Council (TTTC) certification.
- Beginning on Tuesday, the formal technical program offers 76 presentations covering 10 different topic areas, as well as daily panel sessions and a lunch-time poster session. Topics such as test compression, power-aware test, delay test, logic diagnosis, silicon debug and high-quality test methods will be addressed. Hot topics such as 3-D TSV and high-speed IO will also be explored.
- The Lecture Series and Advanced Industrial Practice sessions put a practical perspective on current issues in the test community.
- The popular and successful poster session offers tabletop displays that allow for interaction between attendees and presenters, where late-breaking results and innovative methods are presented for feedback. With more than 29 posters and opportunities for in-depth discussions, the poster session will be held on Wed., Sept. 21, during a two-hour lunch break.
- At the end of Test Week, Sept. 22 and 23, are three exciting workshops. They include the highly lauded IEEE International Workshop on Testing Three-Dimensional Stacked Integrated Circuits (3D-TEST), which explore many of the issues of testing this emerging technology, while focusing on the advantages of 3D-ICs such as, heterogeneous integration, smaller form factor, higher bandwidth and performance and lower power dissipation. In addition, IEEE International Workshop’s on Silicon Debug and Diagnosis and on Defect and Adaptive Test Analysis will be conducted.
In addition to the formal educational and technical presentations, there are ample networking, and social events for informal discussions and creating and fostering relationships. These include the Welcome Reception on Tuesday, September 20th at Disney’s California Adventure Park, the poster session, the workshop reception on Sept. 22 and various industry-sponsored social and networking events.
Exhibits, Technical Sessions and Corporate Presentations
On Sept. 20, the opening of three days of exhibits begins with a plenary session and a keynote address. Many of the industry’s leading companies will demonstrate their capabilities and announce new products and solutions during ITC. Concurrent with the exhibits, 55 technical papers, the lecture series, including one on Advanced Industrial Practices, will take place. In addition, on Sept. 20, corporate presentations that introduce companies and their solutions will be offered so that attendees can stay current with the latest commercial products and solutions as well as understand the innovations behind them.
Addresses and Keynotes
The conference will feature opening and closing keynotes. On Tuesday, Sept. 20, Bill Dally, Bell Professor of Engineering, Stanford University, Chief Scientist, NVIDIA Corporation, will provide an interesting look into the future of computing. On Thursday, September 22, Jyuo-Min Shyu, President, Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan, will look at the process of translating scientific discoveries into processes and tools which provide significant business value. Both will be very thought-provoking for design and test researchers, and professionals. A fascinating invited talk will take place on Wednesday, when Chuck Davis, a Disney Imagineer, will explain the technology behind the creation of Disney’s spectacular show World of Color.
Social Media Engaged for ITC 2011
ITC and Test Week sponsors are reaching out beyond traditional communications to involve the larger test community. In addition to increasing focus on building interest in test engineering professions with young people and new members of the test community, this year they have initiated two new activities.
ITC has a LinkedIn page for the first time, and will engage in social media such as Twitter, communicating relevant information, including ITC committee members and highlighting events.
ITC is sponsored by the Test Technology Council of the IEEE Computer Society and by the Philadelphia Section of the IEEE. From its beginnings as a informal gathering of engineers in 1970 at Cherry Hill, New Jersey, ITC has grown into the Test Week event, with more than a hundred papers, panels, tutorials, workshops, lecture series sessions, important keynote speeches and an exhibition.
ITC is known for a tradition of spirited debate over test issues, which continues during breaks and social gatherings. A multitude of companies choose ITC to demonstrate major new test products and services in the concurrent exhibition.
Celebrating its 42nd conference year, ITC, the cornerstone of the Test week activities, will take place at the Disneyland Hotel, Anaheim, CA from September 20-22, 2011. Test Week runs September 18-23. The Advance Program and registration information are available online at http://www.itctestweek.org or from the ITC office at +1 202.973.8665.
The Cornerstone of Test Week(TM)
ITC gratefully acknowledges its sponsors and corporate supporters:
IEEE Computer Society
SOURCE International Test Conference