August 3, 2011
Raise a Glass and Toast With 1-800-FLOWERS.COMÂ® Happy Hour BouquetsÂ®
NEW YORK, Aug. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- It's always five o'clock somewhere, and the "floral" bartenders at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLWS), the world's leading florist and gift shop, have expanded their collection of Happy Hour Bouquets to include six new, intoxicatingly original and fresh floral arrangements that are sure to shake up any celebration. Inspired by classic cocktails, including margaritas, sangrias and martinis, these new hand-crafted floral bouquets in 9" reusable and food safe acrylic martini and margarita shaped vases are the perfect way to stir up excitement, whether it's to toast a special occasion, say "thank you," or even serve as home decor for a summer soiree.
"We created the Happy Hour Bouquets to provide our customers with a fun and refreshing way to celebrate life's special moments," said Jim McCann, CEO and Founder of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. "The Happy Hour Bouquets collection was designed to deliver smiles to all your friends and family, and make every hour a Happy Hour."Consumers can choose from the following "menu" of exclusive floral cocktail-inspired arrangements, which are created with a variety of fresh flowers and adorned with whimsical accessories:
- Margarita Bouquet - Mixed with yellow roses, green carnations, green spider mums, poms and hypericum, this fresh floral arrangement is accented with realistic green lime slices and green straws. It is an unforgettable gift that will keep the party going.
- Apple Martini Bouquet - Make friends green with envy with this truly original floral arrangement. Inspired by the popular Appletini, this arrangement is made up of the freshest green carnations and poms with alstroemeria and fresh greenery. This recipe is accented with straws and green apple picks, sure to shake up any occasion.
- Sangria Bouquet - Spice things up with our fresh floral version of the popular wine punch. Complete with roses, carnations, alstroemeria, poms and statice, this chic bouquet also includes slices of realistic fruit picks for a truly one-of-a-kind arrangement.
- Lemon Martini Bouquet - Send sunny sophistication with the truly original Happy Hour Bouquet, inspired by the famous Lemon Drop Martini. This beautiful floral arrangement is mixed with cheerful yellow roses, daisies, alstroemeria and solidago. Topped with a faux lemon slice garnish, it's enough to fill anyone with sunshine and smiles.
- Blue Hawaiian Floral Margarita - A tropical treat for the senses! The freshest roses, Dendrobium orchids, alstroemeria, daisy poms and solidago are topped with a faux pineapple pick, straws and a paper umbrella to make any celebration an exotic affair. All they will need is a hula skirt
- Strawberry Floral Margarita - Fresh, fun, and fabulous all over, this stylishly sweet arrangement of roses, asters, carnations and dianthus gets the party started with a touch of pink perfection.
For additional information about the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Happy Hour Bouquets collection, visit www.1800flowers.com, www.facebook.com/1800flowers, www.twitter.com/1800flowers.
About 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is the world's leading florist and gift shop. For more than 35 years, 1-800-FLOWERSÃ® (1-800-356-9377 or www.1800flowers.com) has been helping deliver smiles for our customers with gifts for every occasion, including fresh flowers and the finest selection of plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, confections, candles, balloons and plush stuffed animals. As always, our 100% Smile Guarantee backs every gift. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Mobile Flower & Gift Center was named winner of the 2010 "Best Mobile App for E-commerce" by DPAC (Digiday's Publishing & Advertising Awards) and the 2010 Mobile App of the Year Award in the "Best Shopping" category by RIS (Retail Info Systems). 1-800-FLOWERS.COM was also rated number one vs. competitors for customer service by STELLAService and named by the E-Tailing Group as one of only nine online retailers out of 100 benchmarked to meet the criteria for Excellence in Online Customer Service. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM has been honored in Internet Retailer's "Hot 100: America's Best Retail Web Sites" for 2011 and was one of only five retailers to receive the 2011 Customer Innovation Award from Avaya for transforming the business through innovative use of business communications and collaboration technologies. The Company's BloomNetÃ® international floral wire service (www.mybloomnet.net) provides a broad range of quality products and value-added services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM "Gift Shop" also includes gourmet gifts such as popcorn and specialty treats from The Popcorn FactoryÃ® (1-800-541-2676 or www.thepopcornfactory.com); cookies and baked gifts from Cheryl's (1-800-443-8124 or www.cheryls.com); premium chocolates and confections from Fannie MayÃ® confections brands Fannie MayÃ® (www.fanniemay.com and Harry LondonÃ® www.harrylondon.com); gift baskets and towers from 1-800-Baskets.comÃ® (www.1800baskets.com); and wine gifts from Winetasting.comÃ® (www.winetasting.com). The Company's CelebrationsÃ® brand (www.celebrations.com) is a leading online destination for fabulous party ideas and planning tips and FineStationery.comÃ® (www.finestationery.com) is the premier site for unique, customizable invitations, announcements and greeting cards. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is involved in a broad range of corporate social responsibility initiatives including continuous expansion and enhancement of its environmentally-friendly "green" programs as well as various philanthropic and charitable efforts. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS.
MWW Group for 1-800-Flowers.com