August 3, 2011
PEANUTS Expands Presence Throughout the Digital, Web and Social Landscape with Key New Partnerships and Initiatives
NEW YORK, Aug. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Peanuts Worldwide today announced a worldwide expansion into the digital, web, and social arena with multiple new partnerships and initiatives. These deals mark the initial phase of the company's long term goal of developing the PEANUTS brand into a leading global entertainment and multi-media property. Over the next few months, fans will experience PEANUTS in multiple new formats, with more to come in 2012 and beyond.
"Since taking over ownership of PEANUTS, our overall strategic goal has been to continue to make the brand relevant to younger generations," said Neil Cole, Chairman and CEO of Iconix Brand Group, which owns Peanuts Worldwide. "In order to accomplish this, we had to substantially expand our efforts for PEANUTS into the digital, web and social categories of our business, which is demonstrated in the initiatives outlined in this first phase announcement."
Initial deals and marketing initiatives include:
- MOBILE GAMING: CapcomÃ®'s wholly owned subsidiary, Beeline(TM) Interactive, Inc., a leading developer and publisher of video games, partnered with PEANUTS on a global deal, wherein Beeline will license and develop a new freemium game for smartphones and tablets based on the PEANUTS characters. The game, which is expected to be available this fall, will feature fan favorites Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, Lucy, Linus and many, many more.
- E-BOOKS: PEANUTS favorites, Happiness is a Warm Puppy (RP: $4.99) and Happiness is a Warm Blanket (RP: $6.99), will soon be available in digital format for the first time through Barnes and Noble Nook applications and www.barnesandnoble.com.
- DIGITAL APPS: iVerse, the digital distributor of comic books and strips for mobile platforms, has been carefully compiling vintage PEANUTS strips and will be releasing them for purchase this September at www.itunes.com. The first two collections include It's a Dog's Life, Snoopy and It's a Big World, Charlie Brown.
- DOWNLOADABLE GRAPHIC NOVELS: KaBOOM!, an imprint of BOOM! Studios, recently released Happiness is a Warm Blanket as a print graphic novel, as well as a downloadable digital version available for purchase via Comixology's IOS app, as well as a PEANUTS branded app both available at www.itunes.com. Additional graphic novels from PEANUTS and KaBOOM! are in store for the future.
- WEB Fans of all ages can now experience an all new and expanded web presence for PEANUTS at www.peanuts.com. Look for an even wider offering of games, content and other interactive entertainment this fall, with more to come in 2012.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: The official PEANUTS Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Snoopy recently launched to great success. With close to 850,000 fans, the page offers fans a way to interact with their favorite brand and characters and also demonstrates the continued popularity of Charles M. Schulz's characters across the globe. You can also follow PEANUTS on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Snoopy.
- FACEBOOK APPLICATIONS: Cedar Fair Amusement Parks, home to eleven parks across the country that feature PEANUTS including Knott's Berry Farm and Cedar Point, has launched Amazement Park, an all new Facebook gaming application. While playing the game, fans can build and manage their very own virtual amusement park equipped with the popular Planet Snoopy attractions.
About Peanuts Worldwide and Iconix Brand Group
The PEANUTS characters and related intellectual property are owned by Peanuts Worldwide LLC, a joint venture owned 80% by Iconix Brand Group, Inc. and 20% by members of the Charles M. Schulz family. Iconix Brand Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ICON) owns, licenses and markets a growing portfolio of consumer brands including CANDIE'S (R), BONGO (R), BADGLEY MISCHKA (R), JOE BOXER (R), RAMPAGE (R), MUDD (R), LONDON FOG (R), MOSSIMO (R), OCEAN PACIFIC(R), DANSKIN (R), ROCA WEAR(R), ZOO YORK (R), CANNON (R), ROYAL VELVET (R), FIELDCREST (R), CHARISMA (R), STARTER (R) and WAVERLY (R). In addition, Iconix owns an interest in the ARTFUL DODGER (R), ED HARDY (R), ECKO (R), MARC ECKO (R), MATERIAL GIRL(TM), and PEANUTS brands. The Company licenses its brands to a network of leading retailers and manufacturers that touch every major segment of retail distribution from the luxury market to the mass market in both the U.S. and worldwide. Through its in-house business development, merchandising, advertising and public relations departments Iconix manages its brands to drive greater consumer awareness and equity.
Contact: Melissa Menta
SOURCE Peanuts Worldwide