1-800-FLOWERS.COM Makes a Splash During the Dog Days of Summer With the Expansion of the a-DOG-able(TM) Collection
CARLE PLACE, N.Y., Aug. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — As the hot summer days continue to run rampant, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLWS), the world’s leading florist and gift shop, is launching a cool, new collection in honor of everyone’s favorite furry friends. The a-DOG-able(TM) collection, made up of a variety of hand-crafted floral arrangements shaped like dogs, is sure to fetch compliments for its unique designs, complete with puppy dog eyes and noses. Whether it’s for a dog lover, pet parent, or to get out of the dog house, the new a-DOG-able(TM) arrangements are a surefire way to make someone feel like the top dog.
“We are excited to expand our product selection to include these new a-DOG-able(TM) arrangements,” said Jim McCann, CEO and Founder of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. “We are always looking for ways to provide our customers with a variety of unique gift options to bring a smile to a loved one’s face, and with an a-DOG-able(TM), we are making gifting easier than ever during the ‘dog days of summer.’”
a-DOG-able(TM) arrangements are hand crafted by expert florists, using beautiful flowers to create these 1-800-FLOWERS.COM truly original doggie-shaped arrangements. The dog-inspired floral arrangements that make up the current a-DOG-able(TM) collection include:
- Party Animal – Hand-designed, this puppy-shaped bouquet is made with white carnations and playful poms. All dressed up to party down, it’s paired with a festive Happy Birthday balloon and decorative ribbon in a dapper dog bed
- Sick as a Dog – For anyone that is a little under the weather; this playful pooch-shaped bouquet is just the prescription. With white carnations and yellow poms accented with a bright yellow ribbon and a “Get Well” balloon, one look and they’ll be feeling like top dog in no time.
- Doggie Paddle – Surf’s up for smiles when you send this sunny surprise -the original, doggie-shaped arrangement of white carnations and yellow poms. It comes complete with a festive seashell and paper umbrella. Pet lovers, beachcombers, and summer birthday stars will almost be able to feel the sand between their paws
- a-DOG-able in a Basket – Unleash smiles with this original and fun dog-shaped floral creation. Hand-designed in a handsome, reusable handled basket with carnations, assorted poms, asters and more, it’s a perfect gift for any dog lover on-the-go
- a-DOG-able in a Tote – Live the true dog’s life through this playful, puppy-shaped floral creation designed in a gorgeous, reusable canvas tote. It’s a stylish surprise for birthdays, best wishes, and any celebration of dog lovers and pet parents
- Pup-cake in Bloom – A dog-gone great gift that unleashes beautiful smiles. This exclusive floral canine cupcake, made with fresh mini carnations and poms, combines a playful dog-shaped arrangement with 1-800-FLOWERS.COM’s trendy cupcake-shaped surprise for a single serving of truly original fun
- Teacher’s Pet – This adorable puppy pupil is almost too cool for school. He is ready for his first day, arriving on a dog bed basket with pencils and an apple for the teacher.
About 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is the world’s leading florist and gift shop. For more than 35 years, 1-800-FLOWERSÃ‚® (1-800-356-9377 or www.1800flowers.com) has been helping deliver smiles for our customers with gifts for every occasion, including fresh flowers and the finest selection of plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, confections, candles, balloons and plush stuffed animals. As always, our 100% Smile Guarantee backs every gift. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Mobile Flower & Gift Center was named winner of the 2010 “Best Mobile App for E-commerce” by DPAC (Digiday’s Publishing & Advertising Awards) and the 2010 Mobile App of the Year Award in the “Best Shopping” category by RIS (Retail Info Systems). 1-800-FLOWERS.COM was also rated number one vs. competitors for customer service by STELLAService and named by the E-Tailing Group as one of only nine online retailers out of 100 benchmarked to meet the criteria for Excellence in Online Customer Service. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM has been honored in Internet Retailer’s “Hot 100: America’s Best Retail Web Sites” for 2011 and was one of only five retailers to receive the 2011 Customer Innovation Award from Avaya for transforming the business through innovative use of business communications and collaboration technologies. The Company’s BloomNetÃ‚® international floral wire service (www.mybloomnet.net) provides a broad range of quality products and value-added services designed to help professional florists grow their businesses profitably. The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM “Gift Shop” also includes gourmet gifts such as popcorn and specialty treats from The Popcorn FactoryÃ‚® (1-800-541-2676 or www.thepopcornfactory.com); cookies and baked gifts from Cheryl’s (1-800-443-8124 or www.cheryls.com); premium chocolates and confections from Fannie MayÃ‚® confections brands (www.fanniemay.com and www.harrylondon.com); gift baskets and towers from 1-800-Baskets.comÃ‚® (www.1800baskets.com); and wine gifts from Winetasting.comÃ‚® (www.winetasting.com). The Company’s CelebrationsÃ‚® brand (www.celebrations.com) is a leading online destination for fabulous party ideas and planning tips and FineStationery.comÃ‚® (www.finestationery.com) is the premier site for unique, customizable invitations, announcements and greeting cards. 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. is involved in a broad range of corporate social responsibility initiatives including continuous expansion and enhancement of its environmentally-friendly “green” programs as well as various philanthropic and charitable efforts. Shares in 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, ticker symbol: FLWS.
MWW Group for 1-800-Flowers.com
SOURCE 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.