Quantcast

Mobile Apps Beat the Mobile Web Among US Android Smartphone Users

August 19, 2011

It has been discovered that Android Smartphone users spend more time using mobile apps than using the mobile web, when given the choice.

According to Don Kellogg, Director, Telecom Research and Insights for Nielsen ” the average Android consumer in the U.S.  spends 56 minutes per day actively interacting with the web and apps on their phone. Of that time, two-thirds is spent on mobile apps while one-third is spent on the mobile web.”

The average Android user spends 67% of their time on apps, and 33% of their time on mobile web.

What is more incredible, Nielsen’s data indicates that the top 10 apps for Android takes up 43% of user’s time, while the top 50 apps take up 61% of user’s time. There are approximately 250,000 Android apps available to consumers, which means that 249,950 apps are competing for the remaining 39% of time spent on the phone.

The data was first reported by Nielsen Smartphone Analytics, which is “a new effort that tracks and analyzes data from on-device meters installed on thousands of iOS and Android Smartphones.”

On the Net:




comments powered by Disqus