From Big Cities to Small Towns, Verizon Wireless Continues to Enhance Its 3G Network Across the Country
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Aug. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — In big cities and small towns all across the United States, Verizon Wireless continues to enhance its 3G network so customers can stay connected wherever they live, work and play.
The Verizon Wireless 3G network carries data sessions for customers using the latest wireless devices and smartphones. Whether it’s getting directions to the hottest restaurants in the big city or sharing photos from a family vacation at the beach, Verizon Wireless’ recent network enhancements make it easy to stay connected and in the know.
“As we continue to introduce 4G LTE to the nation, we remain committed to maintaining and strengthening our existing 3G network,” said David Small, vice president and chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless. “We know that many of our customers rely on our largest and most reliable wireless 3G network to power their laptops, smartphones, tablets, netbooks and other devices, which is why we continue to ensure our 3G network is available to meet the needs of customers as we build our 4G LTE network.”
In the last few weeks alone, Verizon Wireless has enhanced the nation’s largest, most reliable 3G network with new cell sites in:
- Arizona: Chandler, Freeman, Phoenix, Yuma
- California: Auburn, Bakersfield, Davis, Dublin, Fresno, Los Altos, Monterey, Oroville, Rancho Cordova, Sacramento, Sausalito
- Colorado: Nederland, Ridgway, Rifle
- Florida: Trinity, Okeechobee
- Illinois: Cook County, Highwood, Joliet, Kane County, Villa Grove, West Chicago, Yorkville
- Indiana: Fishers, Johnson County
- Iowa: Cherokee County
- Kentucky: Boyd County
- Michigan: Pittsfield Township
- Montana: Billings, Hamilton, Missoula, Polson
- New Mexico: Las Cruces, McKinley County
- New York: Monroe County, Orange County
- North Dakota: Stark County
- Ohio: Belmont County, Columbus, Coshocton County, Marysville, Pickaway County, Wayne County, West Chester Township, Whitehall
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Saxton
- South Dakota: Aberdeen
- Texas: El Paso
- Utah: Sandy
- Washington: Mill Creek, Spanaway/Graham, Tacoma
- West Virginia: Cabell County
- Wyoming: Meeteetse
These network enhancements are part of the aggressive annual network capital investment program that keeps Verizon Wireless ahead of the growing demand for voice and data services. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $65 billion in its nationwide network since it was formed – $6 billion on average every year.
More Information Available
- Find these and other network announcements at the Verizon Wireless News Center.
- Follow @VZWnews on Twitter for ongoing network updates, enhancements and information.
- See video footage of Verizon Wireless’ year-round network preparations across the country on YouTube and in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Twitter Feed: http://twitter.com/VZWnews
SOURCE Verizon Wireless