EVO Merchant Services Uses NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup to Reduce Backup and Recovery Complexity
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — VMworld 2011 –
- Syncsort, a global leader in data integration acceleration and data protection software solutions, today announced that EVO Merchant Services, the largest privately-held credit card processor, is using the NetAppÃ‚® Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB) solution to dramatically reduce backup times and eliminate complexity from the backup process via a unified management console to address their growing data volumes.
- EVO Merchant Services processes nearly $26 billion and close to 385 million transactions annually, while actively servicing 285,000 merchant customer businesses.
- The company required a next-generation data protection solution that could provide storage and backup for their growing data in two primary data centers without taxing the existing network. Additionally, the solution needed to be able to significantly reduce backup windows in order to meet service level agreements.
- EVO Merchant Services chose NSB for the solution’s ability to provide a simplified view of backups, support for physical and virtual environments, proven track record, rapid recovery and ‘near zero’ impact backups.
- In particular, the ‘near zero’ impact daily backups using NetApp SnapVaultÃ‚® enable EVO Merchant Services to back up tier-one servers every hour without impact. This provides the company with a simple and efficient way to increase the frequency of full and incremental backups.
- Other NSB features that played prominently into EVO Merchant Services’ selection of NSB include its advanced recovery features, unified management console, multiple daily backups, as well as host and target data reduction.
- The company is using NSB to protect its mixed environment of more than 250 physical and virtual servers.
- “As EVO Merchant Services’ merchant base continues to grow, managing two disparate backup systems was becoming cumbersome,” said Earl Gordon, VP, Network Operations, EVO Merchant Services. “As we looked to find a modern data protection solution, we were quickly impressed with how comprehensive and fully integrated the NSB solution was, and its powerful capabilities for enabling us to reduce the impact and time associated with managing backup and recovery.”
- “With NSB, customers benefit from a modern data protection solution that can help them achieve faster backup and recovery, supports both physical and virtual environments, and dramatically reduces complexity and impact on servers,” said Flavio Santoni, Chief Executive Officer, Syncsort. “Through our unique approach, customers can protect their data in the face of rapidly growing data volumes while gaining efficiency and keeping costs under control.”
- Enterprise Strategy Group: NetApp Modernizes Backup
- Best Practices for Addressing the Broken State of Backup
- NSB Product Demo Videos
- Top 5 Reasons to Use NSB
- NSB Solution Sheet
- Syncsort Data Protection Blog
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world’s most successful organizations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides record-setting data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration and data protection solutions. With over 15,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: www.syncsort.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, Go further, faster, and SnapVault are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Kevin Ruane, Corporate Communications
T: +1 201 746 7061