Vector Signal Analyzer Optimized for Wi-Fi & Cellular RFIC Testing in PXI/PXIe
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — ZTEC Instruments (http://www.ztecinstruments.com), today announced the release of the ZT8651, a 6 GHz Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA) and Spectrum Analyzer for analog or digitally-modulated RF signal analysis. The ZT8651 provides enabling technology for testing the upcoming 802.11 ac standard. This new VSA provides the functionality of a one-box multi-protocol tester in a modular PXI/PXIe architecture. In addition to its 6 GHz RF input, the ZT8651 includes separate baseband I/Q inputs and an LO output for demodulator RFIC testing. By optimizing performance for RFIC testing, the ZT8651 significantly reduces the size and price over alternative solutions. Demodulation personalities for wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) and cellular protocols are also available.
The ZT8651 provides the signal fidelity and real-time processing capabilities to enable a broad set of necessary RF and wireless test techniques, such as performing EVM (error vector magnitude), ACLR (adjacent channel leakage ratio) and IM3 (3rd-order intermodulation distortion) measurements or addressing complex MIMO applications. The ZT8651 provides the combination of high instantaneous bandwidth, high dynamic range, very high linearity, and very low phase noise necessary to test and characterize the latest and next generation of RFIC components.
Key specifications of the ZT8651 VSA include:
- VSA and Spectrum Analyzer functionality
- VSA measurement toolkit including EVM, ACLR and IM3
- Highest 160 MHz instantaneous IF bandwidth for new wireless standards such as 802.11ac
- Highest linearity with >80 dBc IM3 @ 6 GHz
- Very low Displayed Average Noise Level (DANL) of -163.5 dBm/Hz @ 6 GHz
- Best in Class phase noise of <-125 dBc/Hz @ 1 GHz, 100 kHz offset
- Low EVM floor of 0.7% or 43 dB (802.11n 64QAM @ 5.812 GHz)
- <1 ms fast frequency switching over full frequency range
- Real-time on-instrument FPGA & DSP processing for test time speed and ease of use
- Available in 2-slot 3U PXI and PXIe
The ZT8651 (http://www.ztecinstruments.com/products/rf-test-equipment/series/ZT8650/) VSA expands ZTEC’s small-footprint software-defined RF Communication & Wireless Test product line. The ZT8651 combines RF and baseband Vector Signal Analysis in a 2-slot 3U PXI/PXIe modular instrument. In addition to its powerful on-instrument processing capabilities, the ZT8651 allows access to raw data for custom host-based processing or non-standard measurements. Furthermore, its flexible software-defined signal processing can be upgraded for future wireless standards. On-instrument stored states with test vectors over the PXI/PXIe backplane enable parallel & instantaneous instrument setup for production test applications.
Better software integration tools and support include:
- Full-featured ZSignal(TM) Spectrum Analyzer GUI included
- Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) protocol demodulation personality & GUI available (including 802.11ac)
- Cellular protocol demodulation personality & GUI available
- Comprehensive and intuitive software drivers
- Windows and Linux development environments
About ZTEC Instruments
ZTEC Instruments is a leading modular instrument company whose product focus includes oscilloscopes, waveform generators, and RF & wireless communication test equipment. ZTEC Instruments’ products are unique in that they provide powerful bench-top instrument capabilities in modular instrument form factors, including PCI, Compact PCI/PXI, VXI, and LXI. For more information about ZTEC Instruments and how our products can address your test and measurement needs, please visit http://www.ztecinstruments.com.
ZTEC Instruments Press Contact:
ZTEC Instruments, Inc.
7715 Tiburon St. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Tel: (505) 342-0132
Fax: (505) 342-0222
SOURCE ZTEC Instruments