Epson EX-series Projectors Bring Brightness, Ease-of-Use and Connectivity to Small Businesses
LONG BEACH, Calif., Aug. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(1), today introduced three multimedia projectors designed to provide entrepreneurs and small businesses with exceptional image quality, convenience, and reliability at an affordable price point. Available at leading retail outlets, the Epson EX3210, EX5210 and EX7210 offer advanced connectivity options as well as easy-to-use features, including new Easy-Slide technology, an intuitive horizontal keystone adjustment slider.
“The new EX-series projectors redefine easy setup for entrepreneurs, small businesses and road warriors,” said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. “Automatic vertical keystone combined with our new Easy Slide technology makes it easy for presenters to quickly setup their presentation from anywhere in the room. In addition, advanced connectivity options deliver more bang for the buck.”
The EX-series projectors provide businesses with high-brightness – all three models deliver 2,800 lumens of color and white light output(2). The EX3210 ($449*) offers SVGA resolution, the EX5210 ($549*) delivers XGA resolution, and the EX7210 ($649*) provides WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution for users looking to leverage widescreen notebooks and high-definition content. The EX-series also offer 3LCD technology for vibrant images and easy-to-use connectivity such as USB Plug ‘n Play and PC-Free slideshows. In addition, the EX5210 and EX7210 offer HDMI digital connection for high-definition video and audio.
More about the EX-Series
The Epson EX3210, EX5210 and EX7210 are designed to provide entrepreneurs and businesses with convenience, reliability and advanced features at an affordable price. Additional details include:
- Image Adjustment: Horizontal and vertical image correction with new EasySlide control technology projects rectangular images from almost any angle; the EasySlide control bar allows users to easily make the necessary horizontal image adjustments while vertical adjustments are automatic
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a WindowsÃ‚® PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- PC-Free Slideshows: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/OffÃ‚® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs
- Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: Weighing 5.1 pounds, all three models include a soft carrying case and remote control for ease of use when on the road
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours(3) in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness(4)
Availability and Support
The Epson EX3210, EX5210 and EX7210 will be available in Sept. 2011. These models come with a standard one-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLineÃ‚® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in two business days. For additional information about the EX-series, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 75,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and (http://twitter.com/EpsonEducation) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
* Estimated street price. Actual prices may vary.
(1) Based upon Q1 2011 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates.
(2) White and color light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
(3) Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
(4) Data source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan. 2011. Average of 1,038 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of five brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the five segments.