Salesforce.com and Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) Form Alliance
SAN FRANCISCO and SHORT HILLS, N.J., Aug. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, and D&B (NYSE: DNB) (http://www.dnb.com), the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, today announced an alliance to make D&B the exclusive provider of company information on 200 million global businesses for Data.com. Data.com will seamlessly integrate D&B’s world-leading company information with Jigsaw’s complete contact information to deliver unified company and contact data in the cloud, all from directly within Salesforce CRM.
Comments on the News:
- “We are thrilled to have D&B as our first premier data provider for Data.com,” said Brett Queener, executive vice president and GM of Data.com. “D&B is the absolute gold standard for company information and along with Jigsaw, the leading provider of accurate contact information, we will help companies market and sell more effectively with Data.com.”
- “We’re excited to work with salesforce.com to improve how companies use and benefit from company information,” said Josh Peirez, President, Global Product, Marketing and Innovation at D&B. “Putting the world’s leading information right where our customers need it is core to D&B’s strategy. It’s a tremendous opportunity to deliver more value to more businesses, every day.”
- “The impact of poor data can have negative ramifications through entire business processes,” said Mary Wardley, program vice president, CRM Applications at IDC. “This announcement from salesforce.com and D&B simplifies the process of gathering quality company information, allowing businesses to bolster their effectiveness and improve productivity across sales and marketing.”
- “D&B has simply the best company information, and salesforce.com has simply the best technology for great customer engagement,” said Karen Steele, SVP corporate marketing at Saba. “We already benefit from great Jigsaw contact information. Pulling this together in Salesforce CRM with D&B data with the launch of Data.com is a dream come true, and will help our sales and marketing teams achieve uncharted results.”
Alliance Energizes Data for the Social Enterprise
D&B is the world’s leading provider of business information on over 200 million companies and will be the exclusive provider of company information for Data.com. Salesforce customers will be able to access the highest quality company information unified with Jigsaw’s leading contact information with Data.com.
For Salesforce customers, Data.com will enable market segmentation and targeting for sales and marketing professionals to execute complex account plans and custom marketing campaigns, creating a highly targeted pipeline directly within Salesforce CRM.
The alliance allows D&B to extend its vision of providing world-leading business information that fuels customer success. With D&B company information available through Salesforce CRM, customers can find new opportunities, accelerate sales cycles, increase sales and expand their customer bases.
As businesses start to accelerate the shift to the social enterprise, their ability to understand as much as possible about the customer depends on having exceptional customer data. With Data.com, Salesforce customers will be able to access a unified source of business data, helping to build out social customer profiles.
Pricing and Availability
Data.com is available immediately with contact information from Jigsaw. Company information from D&B is currently expected to be available later this year with pricing and packaging announced at that time. Data.com is available to both companies and individuals who are looking for a proven solution with best-of-breed data capabilities.
- For more information on Data.com, please visit: Data.com
- Follow us on Twitter @Datadotcom
- Become a fan on Facebook
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com‘s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and application services include:
- Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
- Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business data
- AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
- Force.com, for custom application development
- Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
- Database.com, the world’s first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Ã‚©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Dun & BradstreetÃ‚® (D&B)
Dun & Bradstreet (NYSE:DNB) is the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, enabling companies to Decide with ConfidenceÃ‚® for 170 years. D&B’s global commercial database contains more than 200 million business records. The database is enhanced by D&B’s proprietary DUNSRightÃ‚® Quality Process, which provides our customers with quality business information. This quality information is the foundation of our global solutions that customers rely on to make critical business decisions.
D&B provides solution sets that meet a diverse set of customer needs globally. Customers use D&B Risk Management Solutions(TM) to mitigate credit and supplier risk, increase cash flow and drive increased profitability; D&B Sales & Marketing Solutions(TM) to increase revenue from new and existing customers; and D&B Internet Solutions(TM) to convert prospects into clients faster by enabling business professionals to research companies, executives and industries, over the web. For more information, please visit www.dnb.com.
Copyright (c) 2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the “no software” logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.