Technology News Archive - July 19, 2005
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c21069) has announced the addition of 2005 Asia Telco Company Profiles - South East Asia and India to their offering. This report has 11 profiles covering some of the major telecommunications companies in South East Asia and India.
Computer code-makers may soon get the upper hand on code-breakers thanks to a new quantum cryptography method designed at the University of Toronto. Quantum cryptography uses particles of light to share secret encryption keys relayed through fibre-optic communications.
Jul. 20--The second-largest layoff in Hewlett-Packard Co. history will trim operating costs by $1.9 billion a year, but it's unclear if the 14,500 job cuts will revive HP's ailing personal computer business or fend off the threat to its prosperous printing and imaging line.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.