Technology News Archive - March 27, 2006
China is the biggest loser from intellectual property violations and needs to stamp out piracy to build global corporate champions, U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez said on Monday.
The new head of Microsoft Corp.'s core Windows division will bring a cultural change to the business responsible for the largest portion of the software giant's revenue and profit, a senior company executive said on Sunday.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.