Technology News Archive - March 07, 2006
Cyber criminals are stepping up smaller, more targeted attacks as they seek to avoid detection and reap bigger profits by stealing personal and financial information, according to a report issued on Monday.
Intel Corp., struggling with weak sales as it loses market share to rival Advanced Micro Devices Inc., hopes to get back on track this week when it unveils faster, more efficient computer chips.
AOL said on Monday it planned to let software and service developers create their own versions of its AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), which analysts said was a significant move for a company that has traditionally cordoned off its services.
Amazon.com came under fire from Britain's book publishing and retailing industries on Monday even as the debate raged over a perceived threat presented by Google Inc.
Google Inc. is preparing to offer online storage to Web users, creating a mirror image of data stored on consumer hard drives, according to company documents that were mistakenly released on the Web.
NBC Universal has signed a deal to acquire iVillage, the women's and parenting website, for about $600 million.
Social Networking Comes to Alltel Mobile Phones From Andrea in Arkansas to James in Jacksonville, Alltel customers can now chat with cool people from across the US and around the world on their mobile phone.
By Jon Fox, Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Times Leader Mar. 7--WILKES-BARRE -- It started with an image captured on a surveillance camera and a tip leading detectives to the Internet.
BARCELONA, Spain, March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Private Media Group Inc. , a worldwide leader in premium-quality adult lifestyle products and services, has announced, today, the launch of its direct to consumer WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) portal.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.