Technology News Archive - April 28, 2006
The motion picture studios and record companies are pushing colleges across the country to clamp down on music and movie piracy on so-called "dark nets" operated on campuses.
U.S. scientists say they've created super-powerful artificial eyes inspired by those of dragonflies and other insects.
America's smallest state is seeking to become its first to offer a wireless broadband network from border to border.
The digital approach to fund raising is proving popular.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.