Technology News Archive - October 31, 2008
The Utah Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency ("UTOPIA") announced that FuzeCore LLC has become a service provider on the UTOPIA open-access municipal fiber-optic network.
On September 29th, Advantage Industries Inc. was awarded the contract to design and build the LABEX-USA website for the ARS office within USDA.
Telecoms operator Telenor has agreed to acquire a 60% stake in India-based telecoms firm Unitech Wireless for INR 61.2 billion ($1.23 billion) to expand its footprint in the high-growth Indian telecoms market.
IBM (NYSE: IBM), the world leader in UNIX(R) revenue share (1), today announced several enhancements to its IBM Power Rewards migration program, including a 4X increase in reward points for customers moving workloads from Sun SPARC, UltraSPARC or SPARC64 processor-based servers, from either Sun or Fujitsu, to IBM Power Systems(TM).
Search Engine Strategies (http://www.SearchEngineStrategies.com) educates tens of thousands of delegates each year.
Politics4All announces the participation of several national candidates on their politically-neutral website, www.politics4all.com.
HP (NYSE:HPQ) today announced a first-of-its-kind relationship with the NBA's Miami HEAT to name one local fan an "HP Insider" and award him or her a week of behind-the-scenes access to the basketball team.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct.
Business processes may no longer be protected by patents, according to a controversial federal appeals court ruling on Thursday.
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAVA) today announced the latest version of the Solaris(TM) 10 Operating System (OS) - Solaris 10 10/08.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.