Technology News Archive - May 30, 2008
In the midst of the growing trend by computer makers to develop smaller, low-price machines, Dell has announced that it too will begin offering its own trimmed-down netbooks.
Word of the Day
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
'Siliqua' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a pod.'