Latest Élie Metchnikoff Stories
Alan McStravick for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Chances are, if you’re like the rest of us, you didn’t start hearing about probiotics until between six and seven years ago when they came into vogue in widely distributed commercial products. Probiotics, known as the “good” bacteria, are found in foods like yogurt. According to the Katherine Zeratsky, RD, LD, a nutritionist for the Mayo Clinic, there is evidence these good bacteria can improve your health in several ways....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.