Latest 1,2-Dibromo-3-chloropropane Stories
The Associated Press ROCKINGHAM Residents in three North Carolina counties have raised concerns that pesticides, used by peach farmers decades ago, may be polluting well water. Tests done by state health officials have found 117 tainted wells in Montgomery, Richmond and Moore counties in the past year, The Charlotte Observer reported Saturday. Contamination levels as high as 55 times the federal safe drinking-water standard have been detected and residents in 77 homes where...
By Langman, Jimmy Multinational pesticide corporations headquartered in the Global North are expanding their sales of some of the most dangerous chemicals in Latin America-chemicals known to cause a plethora of health problems, including cancers and birth defects. This is happening even as U.S. and E.U. laws have banned or severely restricted many of the pesticides and UN conventions have come into force. A NACLA investigation supported by the Samuel Chavkin Investigative Journalism Fund...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.